• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ok guys, Rip Me Apart!

Dynamo321

Thank you so much for this awesome forum. I am new here and recently designed this site. The "Artificial Intelligence" is still under final revision but we are getting there. :)

While you are at it, you can feel free to let me know what you think of the music please. I have become quite pleased with the site so far and look forward to you ripping my work apart. Thank you:

http://www.thebestofalltime.com

The first thing that came to mind was, "WOA what a stretched site!" Why are the links on the bottom of the page? Do you want your visitors to have to focus on the top 3 links only? I don't like the iFrame at all. The design looks weird for some reason. I think the width has a lot to do with my statement. White text on lime green bg is hard to see so you might wana fix that. I think that's about it for me.

I think he kinda fixed it now, looks alright. Nothing too fancy for me to say anything, except why are the navigational links on the bottem left?

Thank you for your responses

Thank you for your responses. I actually got the site design from a template and the links were on the bottom. I did think it was a little strange, but for my purposes it did the trick.
I guess I could put the links at the top, but then it would make the three links below it directly redundant. To be quite honest, if the visitor only read the top three links and clicked the play now button, I would be quite happy :), the only somewhat important link that is not at the top is the contact us link and in my mind that is ok to be at the bottom. I will give this a lot more thought.

As for the overlaping copyright and streatched look to the site, I have built the site to automatically "scale" to fill the user's screen. So if your computer is a "widescreen" like my laptop, then the website would appear "streatched", if you are on a low resolution laptop then the copyright will be closer to the links. Thank you for your note in that regard. I will make sure they don't overlap on smaller resolutions.

Your suggestions have been great and I thank you for them. I will take appropriate action as soon as I can. Thank you once again!

oh right! as for the lime green, I completely agree with you. I need to look into changing that. It was also part of the template I got. I will think around this one.

I have now fixed the copyright info. those with larger resolutions will notice that when they shrink their window, the copyright data will reduce so that the text won't overlap as easily :)

Thank you again for all of your input everyone.

if possible, avoid iframes
it is difficult to read text in such small iframes.
use seperate pages for the content in iframes
i wonder why it is not asking for password after username.
colors are good.

i like the fact that there is no window scroll. If i resize the window only the content area has the scroll. I still get to see the entire site. I think its neat

I actually quite like it here are some points:
your icons glow: stop it
your gradient in the main header: dosn't fit
navigation: too strong stands out too much it dosn't seem to fit
and the about us box, the corner is only 1px away from the outer border where as the rest has about 5px

Very nice though 7/10

Its not too stretched:p

the blue to black gradient is not plended well, the links on bottom should be switched with the ones on the top, and the lime green column on the left should be a different color. maybe make it a fixed size site, instead of stretching it. 5-10

wow! so much more great input!

If you delete the cookies or try logging into the site from a remote computer, the site is smart enough to ask you for your password. if you are logging into the site from your own computer, We save the screen space and time by not reuiring you to enter your password. :)

I will fix the gradiant as soon as I can.
As for iframe (which the site does not use by the way) I will think about your points and try to figure a solution.

selbourne: I am glad you like the way the site has been architected. It is a lot of effort to make it render this way and I am truly glad you like it

and yes I must change the lime green some how. I will figure that out next. I have so much to work on it is nuts!!!! Thank you for all of the input.

If you tried voting in the player before through IE before registering you would find that the window gave an error. This was only bug on some IE versions. I just ironed out that bug yesterday. I will try to get to all of the other things on my list as fast as I can! Thank you SO MUCH everyone!!!

Thank you!!!!

Back