• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Offshore hosting?

trychs

hey all,:)
Bit of a funny and upfront question I know but it feels much ruder in the longterm not to ask.
Do I need an offshore webhosting company if I'd like a forum where a few tokers can get together and show off our plants (like overgrow etc but much smaller) or is this sort of thing not so frowned upon as I might be imagining?
I've seen tons all over the web and it seems to be ok but I'd still appreciate any advice that keeps me from getting my forum closed down or worse the host into trouble.
Thanks,
trychs:nervous:

Ummm... I have a feeling I know what you mean but I don't want to assume anything, so what I want you to do is elaborate on your question... be a bit more specific in what your asking so people don't get mixed thoughts and so your question can be answered a lot quicker and eficiently.

Thanks

stuffradio said:
Ummm... I have a feeling I know what you mean but I don't want to assume anything, so what I want you to do is elaborate on your question... be a bit more specific in what your asking so people don't get mixed thoughts and so your question can be answered a lot quicker and eficiently.

Thanks
What part do you want him to be more specifc about? Elaborate what? The number of leaves? Or the fact that no one wants it but themselves cuz it's homegrown? :p LOL

I'll make you a deal. If you include a category in the forum that you'd like to create about it's legitimate use for medicinal purposes. I'll host your site.

http://thepothead.com has been a happy customer of mine for well over a year.

ohhhh, I'm a bit slow... didn't catch on right away that is what he was asking for... you made it much clearer for me :p, thanks hehe

trychs said:
hey all,:)
Bit of a funny and upfront question I know but it feels much ruder in the longterm not to ask.
Do I need an offshore webhosting company if I'd like a forum where a few tokers can get together and show off our plants (like overgrow etc but much smaller) or is this sort of thing not so frowned upon as I might be imagining?
I've seen tons all over the web and it seems to be ok but I'd still appreciate any advice that keeps me from getting my forum closed down or worse the host into trouble.
Thanks,
trychs:nervous:
Is there any illegal/offensive content in your site that you think may violate your host's TOS & close you down?

Chris do you understand homegrown? Drugs. Snort. Marijuana. Angel Dust. That stuff. Sorry but we can't host you. Even on a dedicated it looks bad on our rep.

If you are not intending to sell it, you might be able to get a dedi in taiwan, korea or china.

Contact us if you are thinking of making such a site. We have offshore space in the above stated countries.

heymrdj said:
Chris do you understand homegrown? Drugs. Snort. Marijuana. Angel Dust. That stuff. Sorry but we can't host you. Even on a dedicated it looks bad on our rep.
Ooops....I would NEVER host such a site. :shame:
Thanks for the clarification.

I don't see the problem as long as the content is legal. You can't really judge a host by the kind of sites they host, I am not trying to censor the internet by not hosting people that use the word ---- on their site. People don't come to me and say "I'm not going to use you because you allowed x to say x, and I don't believe in that" It's idiotic to believe that.

I think any normal web host should be able to host you as long as you are not promoting it (selling it or telling others to smoke it).

utcrazy said:
I don't see the problem as long as the content is legal. You can't really judge a host by the kind of sites they host, I am not trying to censor the internet by not hosting people that use the word ---- on their site. People don't come to me and say "I'm not going to use you because you allowed x to say x, and I don't believe in that" It's idiotic to believe that.
What he said. :classic2:

You don't need offshore hosting for marijuana sites. As long as you're not selling it(which would be stupid) then really who cares? If you're that paranoid maybe you need to lay off the weed for awhile...:nervous:

Hottweelz has awesome hosting and I've had no problems whatsoever with him or anyone else about my site. My marijuana related site has been there for awhile (it's currently under construction but will be back soon so anyone else with 420 sites pm me for link trades!) and that's where it will continue to reside. In fact I'm thinking of getting a reseller account with him soon and move all my domains to one account.

Peace,
droopy
ThePothead.com

Last edited:
I had to get a "real" job for awhile and that was no fun, but now I'm back on the internet and ready to make some money :)

Last edited:
Back