• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Off-Site Services - What would you pay?

LSComputers

NLC
Hey,

Just want to get all you guys opinion's on off-site hosting for your billing and support centers. What features you would be looking for and how much you would pay. Below is what I am thinking of using for a few sites I have in the launch phase. I would be getting a better deal then what I quote here, or should be!

I have found a provider that offers 100% SLA with money back for every percent that it is short. Iv had a chance to view the network setup and it looks darn sweet.

They are running a high quality unique cluster network that from the stats I was informed are pretty impressive. Such as a forum board being able to handle over 2500 connections each viewing 100 pages a minute, without the site slowing down. (Only wish I had that many people paying a minute :).)

They are charging $25/month for the service and you get what is more then enough (50GB space / 500GB transfer). 24/7 support via phone, ticket system and even live chat. And the servers are managed and keep secure and have ddos protection running.

It seems like a perfect use for my support and billing, to insure that my I am always reachable.

Again I think I am going to take this up (unless someone knows of a better spot). What kind of things would you be looking for or want. And how much do any of you pay (know theres some that do off-site)?

it is nice to see they offer a 100% SLA Uptime; but have you read over and fully understand what said Agreement entitles you to? Also; do they have uptime reports? Credit for downtime is nice; but I'd rather have my website up and reachable rather than excuses as to why it was down, with a partial credit.

Skylar is right - unfortunately, many SLAs are so watered down that really any downtime the host has is not covered. It's a really unfortunate situation indeed. :(

Yea, Well I think I am going to try it out, for $25/month it isn't a bad price, considering anytime money back, 30 day free trial and tiered compensation if by chance it goes down.

Thanks guys, if anyone has any other recommended service locations that have a strong network let me know.

Back