• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Odd restart

fl4yar

Does anybody know what's with this error
2001468489957325744_rs.jpg

Every now and then my PC just restarts...just like that!

And that's when I get that error.
Today it happend 3 times,I'm getting a bit worried.

Well I know my poor pc just restarts now and then, but its becuase its overheating, which is a good chance of what is wrong with yours.

Few things to try to stop that:
1) Blow our all dust bunnys from inside computer, especially those on the cpu and ram.
2) Monitor resources to see if when you run a high tasked program it restarts or not.
3) Do some spyware scans, its possible that error message was created by a spyware or virus that was running.

Just some things to try :)

Dini:Windows xp professional SP 2
LSComputers:The hot temperature might be the issue,but where the PC is being kept the grades aren't so high,as for viruses,no way...I'll see what I have to do next

It may be that your config for your sys32 files that have been altered probably due to malware or an undetected vundo ooorrrr canceling an update before its finished.
next time it restarts make sure to press "F8-last known good config" or even better "safe mode network" let windows start up and restore your system. That will wipe any corrupt files and replace them with updated definitions. It wont happen again!

Back