• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NS7 / MZ1.1 and HTML problem

agnieszka

okay, how's this for a stumper?

NS7 and Mozilla 1.1 both refuse to render a table to a height of 100% in one of my pages. i've left the table border width as 1, so you can see what it's doing (or rather, not doing):

http://www.agspage.filetap.com/poetry/_dld.htm

could someone have a look and perhaps clue me in on what's going on? it works fine in IE5.5/6 and NS4.x

and thanks for the tip on my previous NS7 problem, meow, it worked :)

Last edited:
It does allow <table height=""> when it's in Quirks Mode. The problem is your CENTER tag. A height in % is relative the height of the containing block. In this case TABLE's containing block is CENTER and CENTER has no height. Give it a height of 100% (with CSS) and you should be fine. I think. :p

I would have though Moz would let this pass when in Quirks Mode but obviously it doesn't.

Idiotic web1000 won't let me in, but I know what's wrong.

Use CSS for this, style="height: 100%" should work in NS/Moz and Opera.

ok, the css worked, but only when i put it in the center tag, and only if i also specified the table to be of 100% height. i could use either css or html in the table, but i needed to use css in the center tag.

thanks for your help!

ag.

Last edited:
ugh, ok, i admit stupidity. for why would i want to center a table if it is going to have 100% width? as soon as i got rid of the center tag all together, the height="100" worked in the table tag for all browsers.

thanks for all your help on this :) despite my sudden revelation, i wouldn't have become unstumped without a few pushes in the right direction....

:)

ag.

Back