• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New! YAY!

JesseGraham

Heya! my step brother is coming over within 1-2 weeks to set up my new server!

I am thinking of offering $1 Plans....

1 Gig Space!
10 Gig Transfer!
Unlimeted Features!

Is that a good idea?

I am also conisering a free plan!

100 Megs!
2 Gig Transfer!
5 Of Each Feature!

And When its Set Up!
Ill also offer resseller.... maybe 10 Gigs 100 Gigs Transfer!

What do you think!??

Thanks!
-Jesse Graham-

(P.S..... I Am Not Sure That This Goes Here!!!!!)

THANX!

EDIT: oh, i have like 20 computers sitting in my room, i am also thinking of turning then into servers aswell!

But They Arnt Very goo(20 Gig HD, 256 Meg RAM)

Last edited:
Kommercial said:
There is no way I would trust a server being run by you.

lol.

Anyway plans look fine Jess, goodluck :) now you can get free hosting from yourself :eek2:. No more request :p.

Free hosting accounts should be stored on a totaly differant server from paid hosting, as abuse on free hosting is WAY higher than abuse on paid hosting. And resellers should also be on a differant server to paid.

But can you offer the support to run this server? I mean will you have 24/7 dedicated support? Or will it be more like 12/5 support, or even less than that? Running a server and a web hosting buiness is hard, and can take time. Are you willing to shell out for cPanel licences? Support staff?

Lol!

Yer, i can offer 18/7 Support!
I am ALLWAYS! at home, and bearly sleep!
Plus i have heaps of people from different countrys that are willing to give help support!

And my step brother is a computer technicion!!!

So, yer! i might only offer free hosting, and free reseller accounts!!

Lol,well good luck my friend,I hope it becomes successful,you might be able to merge with people with ds,are you going to get a c-panel licsence,jesse?Those smaller ones altogether charge a big pack of space,jesse

I recommend zpanel for a free control panel. Feel free to hit me up anytime you have some trouble.

Revolutionary Host

Maybe if you show me how,I'll merge with you,pretty good specs here:1 gig of ram,250 gigs of space,intel pentium D processor 820 running at 2.8 cpu,you think you can help me out?Lol,I think I would want to merge with you anyways,I also have an old computer with 15 gigs of space,with 64 mb of ram,everything is so low...

Last edited:
goodluck on the new server, but you are not going to colo? Or your just planning to make them online from home?

Yer, THANX! and ill just be running at from home!
And if i have any troubles, my step brother is a computer technition, so yer! He should be able to help!

So,jesse, can you help me set one up once you get yours?Like I said before,I would like to do a merger with you

Last edited:
See, what you're failing to see it that, anybosy who does a search for "yourhost.com", is going to see this post and find out that you are hosting your clients from you're HOME PC! Do you have any idea how unprofessional this looks? Not to mention that if the clients find out that they can host themselves using the same methods you are using, why wouldnt they do the same?

I hate to sound rude, but, it sounds to me like you are going to end up being one of those kiddie hosts that lasts a month or two, and then ends up giving thee rest of the hosting market a bad name.

I also suggest that you do'nt bother. You cannot offer the support it takes, and you DO NOT have the tech skillz to manage a server!

Just get a reseller plan cheap somewhere and start off with that. Doing it the way you plan is going to end up hurting you in the end, guaranteed!

YeS! I agree with you! and im only 14, and everyone has to start from someware, is that not true!

And i hav e decided to offer free plans ONLY!!!

And you never know! I might engoy doing this :|

oh, am I late ?
Did I miss something ?

So, does that mean no more hosting requests ? FWS is going to loose all traffic and fun now.

Goodluck jesseXmol ( jesse-xwarriror-kb3mol) !

If your hosting it from home, have you checked your ISP's TOS? And is your line speed good?

Back