• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New tutorial site

nigelwong

Please review this new site i made. Also, if you like it please give it to your friends! Join the forums aswell if possible. If you have a tutorial, please also submit it to us!

Thanks a bunch. I accept all comments good or bad.

Tutorials Exchange: http://tutorials.roxr.com

Last edited:
I really like the design, but you may want to consider changing the jpg's to gifs. You'll get better quality with those types of colors and probably will load faster.

Thankyou for your comment..

instead of reprogramming my whole website, is it possible to:

Convert all JPEG's to GIF's then put them on the server renamed to JPEG's?

I like design and layout. It is simple and easy to navigate. In my opinion, it is too much colorful. I think you should reconsider color scheme and need to be focus on attracting targeted audience.

Ya, martin ewing is right... focus to attract targeted audience... i like the overall design, only a little bit improvement will do & also as LiquidGoat has suggested covert images to gif & there will be no need to renaming, just change all images extensions from .jpg to .gif

Good Luck :)

wow why is it so wide?

yes improve of load time is greatly needed, if i am on 2000k and i find it slow, imagine how a dial-up user would feel?

nigelwong said:
Thankyou for your comment..

instead of reprogramming my whole website, is it possible to:

Convert all JPEG's to GIF's then put them on the server renamed to JPEG's?

actually no, you don't need to convert the images to gif. if you still have the psd of the actual images, when you save it as jpeg, just set the quality to 10 or maximum, this of course requires adobe photoshop, assuming that you use photoshop to make your layout.

Looks good. I saved it to my favorites. I will definiately take a look at it tomorrow beings I am about to put my kids to sleep. Keep up the good work.

Thankyou everybody for your comments. I have reprogrammed my whole site into GIF now, please tell me if you see any differences.

umm the quality looks the same, when you changed it to gif, did you use the already low quality images to convert? cuz if so, thats probably y there was no change.

heres a chart:
good quality - bad quality (this is what you had in the first place)
bad quality - bad quality (this is what you have now)
good quality - good quality (this is what you want)

hope you understand what i'm trying to say.

now heres the question, the original image that you had or the ones that you saved in your PSD (assuming you used photoshop), were they good quality to begin with?

tips for layout: the width is okay, try making the >>tutorials navigation a bit more wide, the text is getting a bit tight there. the content headers, try make it a bit smaller in height, it looks too tall, just a bit shorter now. add some padding in your boxes, the text is touching the edges. try giving the boxes a border or something, cuz it looks like its just floating around.

Last edited:
the main reason i just changed it to GIF is because of the loading times, not the quality. I'll try to improve the quality.

reconsider your colors. they are a little to bright, and almost make me sike with the green and orange together. the layout looke great on my computer, but consider the people that dont have 19" screens and are running a smaller resolution. the site is very large and doesnt resize to fit the screen. you need to make it so that it looks and loads the same on all computers new and old. it is difficult to do this when you are just learning, but once you learn it is easy. just use CSS. i have found it to be the best way to code a site ever. the site does load fast and overall i like it. just try some other things. keep up the good work.

I think the color scheme is fine. Although, like said above, the quality of the gifs is poor. Especially the one used in the header, "name.gif", is too much/badly compressed. Especially when you use gradients, too high of a compression really messes up the overall look.

Back