• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

new site on the way, need help

jahed

hello guys, i am currently planning a site of my own. what i am trying to find out is how to make a site look more proffesional when using microsoft frontpage 2003. i have created many sites using frontpage but it just doesnt look professional enough. the way i set my navigations, homepages, layout and etc makes the site look for little kids. can you please give me a few tips on how to make it look proffesional. i dont want to use any other programs except frontpage. thanks

Frontpage sucks. You're not going to get anything professional looking outa that heap of junk.

Strongly consider trying a new program.

well if he cannot design professionally in frontpage I HIGHLY doubt he can whip up a masterpiece in notepad, especially since it is pretty hard to create scratch images in notepad, and by hard I mean not possible.

You can create a layout in photoshop if you have those type of skills then code it or have someone code it for you for an inexpensive cost

I would use Notepad - though you may prefer an alternative program that colour codes the HTML when you edit it.

why use notpad when you can use something like dreamweaver or zend. in dreamweaver, hardcore coders can code while seend what they are coding the same time, plus you get the nice colors so you know if you made an error somewhere, wich is nice to know before you try and test the site. i used to hate dreamweaver till i learned that it is a lot more funcionall than notepad, and some people iwll say only true masters use notpad, well, i only do if i dont have a copy of dreamweaver on hand. zend is very nice for php developers, especially when you have a copy of xammp on your computer to test the site on your comp before puting on the web server.

y is frontpage not as good as dreamweaver? as far as i am concerned frontpage can do nearly as everything dreamweaver can do?

dreamweaver can edit php in wysiwyg mode, don't think frontpage can, also, it just feels a load nicer to use ....

Dreamweaver is great,but it may generate useless codes.You can use it to

arrage your page pieces.And then you'd better use Notepad to edit the

codes.

if you want it to look professional chances are your going to need some kind of images on it, so you should really look into getting to know photoshop, and since you probably can't code good in HTML, use dreamweaver for now then after a while try to go to notepad. good luck. -cnelson. :)

oh btw; yes dreamweaver can edit php is design mode, but dreamweaver and php don't get along, it will always try to re-write your code as it sees fit unless you change its settings. (also try not to built the site in design mode, but in code more this way you see how things are done.)

i have both,
but the problem is that i always used forntpage

i open frontpage, and i have no clue how it is
takeds me 5 min to create a table, i feel more comforable to use frontpage

Back