• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Rule

Zombie

You're not safe.
NLC
NLC
So, leave it to me to think of a new rule (right lol)

But since we have rules in place for the hosts (in a general aspect) but I think some limits should be in place for other hosts.

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/...c-Rapidshare-Megaupload&p=1153219#post1153219

Lets look at this one, 250gb of file space (thats ----in awesome, you'd never run out!)
And free leeching from filesonic, rapidshare, and megaupload.

How bout a new rule to limit the max single file space they can 'offer'/'advertise' on the forums as well as leeching as a general rule...

How about a new rule to prevent postings like that completely? We all know that's absolutely ridiculous.

How about we enforce the rule about "warez" leeching from filesonic, rapidshare, and megaupload that is all these sites are used for.

If a service is breaking the tos of another service it is against our rules to advertise it here already (rule 5). Can someone clarify if rapidshare etc allow other services to do this or if it's against their tos? I'm guessing it's not allowed, but just to be sure. Thanks.

If a service is breaking the tos of another service it is against our rules to advertise it here already. Can someone clarify if rapidshare etc allow other services to do this or if it's against their tos? I'm guessing it's not allowed, but just to be sure. Thanks.

since im posting from my phone i cant check their tos' but what about file upload size restrictions surely 250gb is easily a rule... Come on, anyone wanna start uploading a blank 250gb and see if they dont run out of space?

Well, the thread has disappeared, so I'm guessing it was deleted.

I have a ton of (completely legal) DVD ISO images and I'd be happy to test out some of these hosts with ridiculously unrealistic limitations.

I agree it's way too much, but I'm not sure I want to enforce some strict GB limit for ads.

He claims on the website it's 50 GB storage space, 2 GB file size limit. So there's some confusion about the numbers and file size vs storage space.

Users have to take some responsibility too when looking for hosting and educate themselves about things like this. I think the host is just causing more trouble for themselves when claiming to offer impossible things. The issue for me is where to draw the line. We've so far drawn it at unlimited.

i think for a file upload service it should be capped at 100gb respectively cause really. Most popular services dont offer that much to leech users.

I co-own a file host but I don't advertise her with it. FWS hates warez and file hosts are all about warez.
Can't you just disallow all file hosts from advertising here?

I co-own a file host but I don't advertise her with it. FWS hates warez and file hosts are all about warez.
Can't you just disallow all file hosts from advertising here?

nope because there are some legitimate file hosts who actually moderate their uploads

The issue for me is where to draw the line. We've so far drawn it at unlimited.

So really if i claim 6 billion gb of space then i am not saying it is unlimited but putting the number so high that it is unlimited.

The issue for me is where to draw the line. We've so far drawn it at unlimited.

That's the problem. You can easily say "no unlimited offers" but if they put a number on it, it's hard to call "BS" unless it's obviously something stupid like 250 GB or 500 GB because that's just not realistic. Even 100 GB is hardly realistic. I'd just leave it with no "unlimited" offers for now and then delete those that look ridiculous at your discretion.

That's the problem. You can easily say "no unlimited offers" but if they put a number on it, it's hard to call "BS" unless it's obviously something stupid like 250 GB or 500 GB because that's just not realistic. Even 100 GB is hardly realistic. I'd just leave it with no "unlimited" offers for now and then delete those that look ridiculous at your discretion.

well still. I think a rule should be put into place to restrict the max offered especially from a file host. Its funny but idgaf if a host offers 5tb but a file host especially shouldnt offer nor allow that much. Its just calling warez.

Back