• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Logo, new menu and new slidey thingy mabob - Please review :)

Stan

Http://www.3rdrockhosting.com

After a few comments i got from the last topic, i decided to put some work into the design.

1) Completely redesigned the navigation, those of you that remember the old one will see a huge improvement.

2) Redesigned the logo

3) Implemented a slidey thingymabob. Not sure what to call it lol

Please can you review these updates? +rep as always :D

Thanks guys

i dont like the logo to much, but, the menu is decent. looks like the windows media player style there.

i would have to agree with methodcomptech

Not too keen on the logo but liking the nav bar. Also like the general layout of the page looks much like a hosting website, nothing silly.

Aaron

Logo as everyone else :)

Slidey thingymabob - not sure on, as it's nice but might scare people that don't know what's going on.

Thanks guys, +rep to the people it would allow me to give to. Apparently i have given most of you too much lol

What is it about the logo you don't like? It's better than the old one.
Im a little reluctant to hire somebody to make me one...

Well actually i liek the logo, but i can suggest some improvements to it.

The gradient in the Hosting word seems too dark, it blends too much with the drop shadow.
Id consider increasing the opacity or changing to a darker shade the stroke around the text.
It could maybe also be a lil larger :D

Thats just my tastes however.

I really like the menu bar. It looks very unique and for once, it works flawlessly.

Typically, those kind of menus act weird with Firefox or any other browser, worked fine for me in Firefox and IE. I really like it, professional, EASY to use. Flawless menu bar

i think it uses a different script file for each major web browser lol but yeah, the menu is fantastic. Thanks :)

I like the whole 24/7 Support slide bar, but the colors are just too much I think. I wouldn't go with a neon color base for that, just make it a bit simple color wise, so it is easier on the eyes.

The dropdown is fairly nice, not so fond of it not being a cursor but being a + sign. Its unique though, and thats what counts

"Implemented a slidey thingymabob. Not sure what to call it lol" -- nice choice of words =)

Slidey Thingymabob™
© Stan 2008

Now to go shout at anyone on the internet that has ever used it :)

Decker said:
I think he should trademark that as it appealed to my sense of humour for IT department speak :)
Oh, you mean when you put the thingy in the thingymabob to get the doodah working?

Last edited:
Back