• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Host

Status
Not open for further replies.
and so what if its on a home machine ? i built the machine for web hosting and nothing else . it dont even have a monitor , i setup it remotley through pcAnywhere

Originally posted by gunsinbattle
and so what if its on a home machine ?
Simply means that it probably won't be very reliable. We've seen too many of your kind go, with or without warning.

the fact that the server is a home machine doesnt really matter; after all what is 10 sites? 10 free sites at that. The sites are probably nothing of importance anyway.

If there is anything to be alarmed about it is the fact that the server is illegally hosting people off of a home cable connection.

as gunsinbattle's ISP's TOS states...

THE SERVICE IS TO BE USED SOLELY IN A PRIVATE RESIDENCE; LIVING QUARTERS IN A HOTEL, HOSPITAL, DORM, SORORITY OR FRATERNITY HOUSE, OR BOARDING HOUSE; OR THE RESIDENTIAL PORTION OF A PREMISES WHICH IS USED FOR BOTH BUSINESS AND RESIDENTIAL PURPOSES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SERVICE IS FOR PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY AND CUSTOMER AGREES NOT TO USE THE SERVICE FOR OPERATION AS AN INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, A SERVER SITE FOR FTP, TELNET, RLOGIN, E-MAIL HOSTING, "WEB HOSTING" OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS, FOR ANY BUSINESS ENTERPRISE, OR AS AN END-POINT ON A NON-COMCAST LOCAL AREA NETWORK OR WIDE AREA NETWORK, OR IN CONJUNCTION WITH A VPN (VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK) OR A VPN TUNNELING PROTOCOL

Ive signed up its actually very good MySQL works like a dream this is the best host ive been with.......

When useing FTP and chmoding it doesnt work it just goes back to what it already was???? can u fix this

one more thing , the first 3 peps to sign up get a free copy of either Photoshop 6 or Flash 5 . I have unlimited lincenses on these , so u can have a copy of a great graphics programs

Can you prove you have unlimited licences? That would cost you a HEAP of money!!:eek:

im not giving it away , the program still belongs to me , and since i have unlimted , i can use it on as many computers as i like .

I don't think that this is the concept of unlimited licences. You don't install the software on different computers that you own, but you share it with other people.I think it's different.

ive been running ftp for years and im not sure about chmod isnt that for UNIX ? everything should work without chmoding windows servers are setup like that

Originally posted by Mika

I don't think that this is the concept of unlimited licences. You don't install the software on different computers that you own, but you share it with other people.I think it's different.

ive got it for all my computers , and some of my friends computers . as long as i dont sell it i can do whatever i want with it

I don't get it, how could you offer no ADS Plus giving out free softwares?

Are you rich of something?? Why don't you use those money to rent a real server and colocated in a data center instead of using your home machine with a cable connection to host people??
:confused:

He already said, he has unlimited licences to the software as long as he doesn't sell them....

And the hosting if off of is own website, i think :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back