• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Netfirms deleted my cgi and db files from cgi-bin

StarTrek

Netfirms free hosting is not reliable.
The other day I am verified my account and I am observed that the .cgi and .db files has been deleted !!!!!

I am installed ikonboard 3.0.1.
This forum can use a DBM database.
On deleted .db and .cgi files from ikonboard forums

[sorry for my english]

Ikonboard is very resource intensive, and paid hosts have now disallowed it. I do think they could have given you a chance to back up the files though...that was mean.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
Ikonboard is very resource intensive, and paid hosts have now disallowed it. I do think they could have given you a chance to back up the files though...that was mean.

Yes, i agree. I have a good bbs script and the fuction same as Ikonboard but its also can running under Netfirms, check this: MCity Music Station (Chinese Edition).

jhwy, if you want this bbs script, i can translate to english for you. FREE OF CHARGE!!! :D

Apparently if you had setup your file permissions as chmod 777, your files may have been deleted by a recent issue with the Apache webserver software. Chmod 777 basically gives everyone full access to your files!

Thats why you have to be extra careful with permissions.
Use chmod 755

I have my ikonboard 2.18 forum there. Sometimes the forum goes down, but it returns the next day. I´m really trying to get rid of ikonboard 2.18 to another one with php. I have problems converting the files.

I used to host a Yabb board CGI version there...and it always says "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded"...it never got deleted until I deleted it myself and got a PHP/MySQL board hosted elsewhere.

Now I'm moving to a paid host... :)

I have a friend who hosts his YaBB there. He says it's pretty reliable, but you have to turn off the images to survive on the bandwidth they give you. It's enough for 70+ members though.

Back