• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NetCabins?

Tool is God

Hello everyone,

You may remember me from about a year ago as rkohli, but probably not...wow the forums have changed hehe...ok, well now to the real thing....is NetCabins still around? Cause when I went there today it couldn't find the site, but that may just be somethign wrong with this computer...cause NetCabins was the best ever, and I'd hate to see it shut down or something. Oh well, its good to be back.

Well they did shut down quite a while ago actually. I heard they were going to be coming back sometime though. Maybe you should ask NC_TOM.

I've spoken to tom.. theres been alot of stuff going on and some of what i cannot say..

they will be opening soon though

Hey Rohan!

Hey Rohan, nice to see you again! ICQ me when you get a chance (37806199 in case you lost your list)

So where have ya been lately??

NetCabins is coming back in just a couple of weeks.

Just to get everyone excited, here's what we will offer for free:

Perl
PHP
MySQL
ASP
POP3
Subdomain/Domain hosting

Plus more! Our servers will be among the FASTEST out there.

If my memory serves me correctly, they did have user-placeable banners before.

Originally posted by Phrozen
If my memory serves me correctly, they did have user-placeable banners before.

Yes they did, but they never got around to implementing it, Netcabin's server crashed before they could do that.
It was the best free service when it was alive.

We'll have around 20 megs, and about the ads, we will have a unique ad system. Here's how it works:

Users have NO ads directly placed on their site.

Users must sign up for a few free offers every month from our affiliates such as newsletters, etc.

One of the offers will be a free email account which you can use for signing up for the rest of the offers. This way, we earn money to fund the service and you don't have to deal with ads on your site.

i have not heard netcabins before, but tom's post sounds good, if there won't be any ad on the hosted sites

Originally posted by Technics
What NOC will you be located in Tom?

A NOC is a Network Operator Center? I know it's a place where the server is located and connected to a network usually a high speed network or something like that. Am I right?

Back