• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Net is Real Life ?

Warp

I believe it is real life. More so these days then several years back. Moderators in "offline" mode could be managers/human resource department... chatroom owners.. business owner...

Internet is a different way to communicate.. so..

Internet is part of the "real world" just like phone calls, (snail) mail, etc...

What do you think?

Do you seperate "net life" and "real life", if so why?

uh no..

as you don't see the people you talk with. For instance i talk to a girl and that girl says shes 17 and she really is a 49 year old man.

I do not believe the net is the same as real life.

Originally posted by DCI
uh no..

as you don't see the people you talk with. For instance i talk to a girl and that girl says shes 17 and she really is a 49 year old man.

I do not believe the net is the same as real life.

ok so phone convo's arent real either... and mail...

as you do not always "know" the people on the other end....

I think it is real life.

Why?

Because when you use the internet, it is part of your life, the only difference from other things is that you are using your computer.

The people on the other end are real people, believe it or not.

I don't know what all this nonsense is about such and such a person really being someone a different age and sex than what they claim to be. People talk about that as if the majority of people aren't what they claim to be... that's rubbish. Things like that are so extremely rare.

(Unless of course you go into a #lesbian chat room or something... Everyone in one of those is no doubt a 15 year old male ).:biggrin2:

I talk to a girl on the net... we talk... we both have webcams... Wow. Two people... communicating... that's about as real as life gets, isn't it?

net is getting closer as you can at times have audio conversations...but no, it isn't. phone and mail are real, but are not life. nothing can replace face-to-face, in person contact. it's very much easier to say something to a person when you cannot actually see or hear them...so how can it be the same?

I don't get what you are saying.

Just because there is no physical contact, and the people aren't actually standing right in front of each other... it doesn't mean it's not real? :confused2

When I talk to a friend in person... that is real life.
When I talk to a friend on the phone... that is real life.
When I talk to a friend on the net... that is real life.

:confused2

yeah i too think its real life, i don't know why ppl think otherwise, sure we are not talking face to face but its just using text instead of using your voice. i think the net can be a great place to get to know ppl. you have to be careful but you its much easier to open up to someone and really be yourself. and another thing is online relationships, what do you guys think of that?

So if the net is not real life, does that mean I dont get older while I am on my computer?? Well in that case, I love this fake life!

Originally posted by jason
and another thing is online relationships, what do you guys think of that?

I met my girlfriend on the net (IRC). We have been together now just over 12 months.

It comes down to trust in the end. Sometimes you also need to take risks. I did, I took a big risk. I hoped on a bus with my "life" - luggage.. and headed to Perth, WA from Country Victoria. One way ticket. My life has improved since Feb 2001 :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Warp

I met my girlfriend on the net (IRC). We have been together now just over 12 months.

It comes down to trust in the end. Sometimes you also need to take risks. I did, I took a big risk. I hoped on a bus with my "life" - luggage.. and headed to Perth, WA from Country Victoria. One way ticket. My life has improved since Feb 2001 :)

Wow.. nice story ;) Good on ya!

Back