• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need VPS

fbook18

Hello,

Welcome to my first post :)
I am about to launched my adult link dump site and needed a reliable VPS host with good support...

I dont know much about vps coz I haven't tried it yet...
Basically my script needs a php.

I can only afford 15 dollars/m for the mean time and hope my site grows and can pay higher.
An admin panel should be included...

I read some forum replies like "you need to raise your budget" and I also read about too good to be true offers :)

I'm planning to launch my site by Monday.

Please make your reasonable offer.
Thank you!

Standard VPS #1
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

» Guaranteed RAM: 512MB
» RAID-10 Storage: 20GB
» Premium Bandwidth: 1,000GB Per Month
» Instant OS Reloads / Reboots / TUN/TAP
» Burstable Port Speed: 100 MBPS
» Dedicated IP: 2
» Datacenters: UK & USA
» £9.96 Per Month (USD conversion AVAILABLE!)
Read More | Order Now

== Above VPS server is available in both UK & USA datacenters.
== Free Instant Remote Reboots & OS re-installs within the VPS control panel.
== VPS is within your budget. We may install free web hosting control panels for you such as kloxo and webmin.

Available Operating Systems
  • CentOS 4, 5, 5.5
  • Debian 4, 5
  • Fedora 9, 10, 11, 12
  • Gentoo
  • Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04
We Accept All Major Credit Cards, Paypal, Alertpay, Moneybookers & Liberty Reserve as payment methods.

You don't really need a VPS for that, especially if you don't even know what a VPS really is all about. You could run your PHP script from a shared hosting option for only a few dollars per month. Don't fall for the VPS marketing gimmic when you don't really need it.

You don't really need a VPS for that, especially if you don't even know what a VPS really is all about. You could run your PHP script from a shared hosting option for only a few dollars per month. Don't fall for the VPS marketing gimmic when you don't really need it.

I am also agree with you. @fbook18, shared hosting is fine for your site.

We can offer you:

Our VPS Basic plan includes the following features

50GB Disk Space
1000 GB Bandwith
512MB Dedicated RAM (2GB Burstable)
2 IP Addresses
Can Add cPanel for $14/mo
all for $7.75 /mo
ORDER: http://colorhost.co/signupv2/cart.php?a=add&pid=11

And We Thing you Would be great on Shared Plan for just PHP scripts, unless you want total control over everything the VPS is for you.

Here is our shared plan

shared
Our Standard Shared plan includes the following features

20GB Disk Space
50GB Gauranteed Traffic
100 Email Accounts
100 MySQL Databases
100 Subdomains
100 Parked Domains
100 FTP Accounts
ORDER:http://colorhost.co/signupv2/cart.php?a=add&pid=3

Hope you choose us!

Thanks

Last edited:
:-: CrocWeb :-: Litespeed | cPanel | Softaculous | R1Soft | FFmpeg :-: $2.95/mo :-:

Hello fbook18,

We think our shared hosting plan would fit your requirements perfectly. This will include a cPanel control panel which is recommended for beginners. You can also upgrade to a higher shared hosting plan anytime.

»»»»»»
Egg Croc
»»»»»»

Unlimited Domains & MySQL Databases

» RAID Protected Storage: 10 GB
» Premium Data Transfer: 100 GB
» Latest cPanel with Softaculous - LiteSpeed Web Server - RVSiteBuilder Pro - R1Soft CDP Backups
» 24/7 Technical Support - 60 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee

Starting at $2.95/Month including Free & Instant Setup!
More Info l Order Now

VPS is not recommended since you do not have the experience to manage it. Also a reliable VPS with cPanel will be over your budget. For best security and performance, shared hosting would be better for you.

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies, Ill review it :)

I posted this thread yesterday and not approved automatically so I got time to sign up for a vps at VPSFuze.com

Well I just quit with them because of their poor support.

My problem is:
I changed the default password of kloxo to the password I am always using to other account so there is no way I can forget it. I try to sign in again after an hr but I cant able to log in, also tried the "forgot password" feature.

I understand that I signed up for an unmanaged plan but it seems that newbies like me are not welcomed to their site base on their reply:
All of our clients are typically linux inclined and know how to do basic management of their virtual environment

They are asking me to search for a solution on kloxo forum...

But for me signing up for a new server to another company is a better solution.
Before I sign up, I talk to their chat support and they are singing a very good tune.
And now I'm having second thoughts on purchasing any cheap priced offers.

But again I am willing to give chance to other companies who can offer basic support such as password reset.

Just a question,

My expected visitors online at the same time is 300-500, can a shared hosting handle that?
I am also embedding(not hosted) about 200 videos on my site.
Also I have a small widget (2kb) for webmasters to embed into their site.
A rss feed reader of my embedded videos .
Visitors who click any items will redirect to a certain video page on my site.

Please give me your thoughts, thank you in advance!

f_ckbook18.com

The resources to handle a site your asking for would be limited and we could offer you a quality VPS within your budget quite easily. The issue is your looking for an "admin panel" by which I assume you mean "cPanel." We are willing to discuss a free option but on a lower resource VPS it is likely most of your resources will be used by that panel alone.

As a few other folks have suggested I would also take a look at some shared hosting options if not for the sole reason to simply have a free admin panel.

We can provide you quality space/hosting well within your budget on a network that you CAN call reliable. We currently have less then 5 minute ticket response times and if you care to check out some of our packages within your budget you can visit us at: www.bigscoots.com

We are available via live chat if you have any questions.

Good luck in your search!

Just a question,

My expected visitors online at the same time is 300-500, can a shared hosting handle that?
I am also embedding(not hosted) about 200 videos on my site.
Also I have a small widget (2kb) for webmasters to embed into their site.
A rss feed reader of my embedded videos .
Visitors who click any items will redirect to a certain video page on my site.

A quality shared host within your $15 budget will be able to provide more resources than a vps. Shared hosting will also include cPanel control panel at no additional fee.

A quality shared host within your $15 budget will be able to provide more resources than a vps. Shared hosting will also include cPanel control panel at no additional fee.

I agree with this. I will not post shared plans here because you specifically asked for a VPS, but I feel you would be better on a quality shared plan. If you're interested, we can set you up with something.

Hello,
Thank you all for your offers and I took your advice.

I signed up for a shared business plan at hostgator. I actually can spend more for a quality vps from my pocket but I feel better if I spend money from the income generated from the site :)

But I still want to buy a vps after I fully launched my site.
Need to practice on handling a vps or maybe hire a tutor online.

Thank you again!

wew my reply is not yet approved :)

What I said as far as I remember was...

Thank you all for your offers.
I`m with hostgator now in their business plan.
I still want to purchase a VPS the moment I fully launched my site.
Thanks again!

:)

I need to learn handling a VPS, thats why I still needed it :)

Hi,
We do offer fully managed VPS and you can have a look at our shared hosting package with no overselling policy and pure dedicated resources here: http://www.occeanic.com/webhosting.html

Later whenever you need you can get a VPS from us and we will transfer your site to the VPS for free and without any downtime or hassle, also we offer fully managed VPS so you will not need to worry regarding any management issues and you can learn yourself with time how to handel it, our technical support will always be there to help you out or perform any task which you may need kindly visit our fully managed VPS plans here: http://www.occeanic.com/vps.html

Hello, HostVI.info can provide you the following package:

Budget VPS
Hard Disk - 40 GB
Bandwidth - 1200 GB
Guaranteed Ram - 512 MB
Burstable Ram - 1024 MB
Control Panel - SolusVM
Dedicated IPs - 2
$7.95 USD Monthly
Order Now
10% recurring discount available! -
lowendbox10

You can buy a vps from us to host your php scripts etc.
Thank you.

Back