• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need traffic

Well, there are search engines that finds your site. Some, like google, will add your site onto their database when it is listed on several other search engines. So I guess you can start from Yahoo and MSN. They'll find you later.

Work on getting good inbound links and you won't need to submit - the SE's will find you themselves. You'll also be more likely to get better rankings, so save yourself some time ;)

But what if sites similar to you are your competitors? For instance if I'm an aggregator, how do I promote my site on similar sites, when similar sites are trying to do the same thing I am?

I see what you mean,

Wouldnt it be great if there was a advertising company that gave you free traffic to your company by placing your banners on other members of the same advertising company, so traffic is eqaully shared through out and also you have the capabilities to block your competitors.

That would be wonderful! Do you know of any??!!!

Obviously, that can't happen. But my point is certain industries don't really cater to linking with similar sites. If I was a specialized site promoting wedding dresses, then I could link to a ton of wedding sites, with similar content but promoting different things. But, in my example above, if I was an aggregator like fatwallet/couponmountain, but a very small player, I can't necessarily start asking these major players to have them throw my links on their site.

I'm just wondering for those instances, are there work arounds that can get you traffic.

mcintypw said:
That would be wonderful! Do you know of any??!!!

What if i were to atempt this, would you be in favour of this? not just you, anyone from this board be intrested in helping me make the next generation of free advertising on the net?

once i done the system, all you would have to do is register, setup ur account by linking ur banner remotely, and then placing the code my site gives u on ur site, so u advertise other members of my ad company while others advertise ur company on their site?

i think its a fair trade, dun u?

if you are adding your site to search engines make sure you have your meta tags setup and some basic seo done. Then build backlinks and traffic will come on its own :)

Back