• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

need space with php+mysql

Let me tell u my experience with them. They may not be unbiased..
First, surecity.. Don't use it unless ur looking for a new way to frustrate urself. I don't know they have chnaged since I left..
Saxen. I tried to join.. submitted my email and got the reply after..a few days.. It's not the delay, but the content that freaked me out.. They say

"Your account is available by FTP right now. Please allow 24 - 72 hrs for showing
up in browser"

..1-3 days until showing up on browser?
u must be kidding me.. How is it possible? Do they physically transfer the uploaded file to a different ssserver? I have a strong suspicion on them. I think I read something like.. it's hosted by portland or something.. I dunno..I decided not to test it whether that's true and went on with my life.

And spaceports.. yes..First, u sign up. then they make u to sing up for CGI use..seperatly which I did. Then I got the response that I actually have to request by email to get MySQL access.. arrrr too much hassel I tell u.
And their website looks like it's designed by 10year old.
So I ditched it too.

The search for the good php/MySQL continues... (let me tell u, there isn't one..)

[Edited by username on 11-14-2000 at 10:09 PM]

saxen.net

it takes a few hours for dns to reload.. especially with subdomains/domains..

i doubt they reupload your files..

hassle or no hassle.. spaceports works great.. they only force you to request in email to prevent what happens when its completely free.. (surecity.com good example)

Back