• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need some tips on my blog

cherukps

Hi all
I'm a newbie here and I have some questions:

1. First off, is it true that traffic will be more to your site if you have your own .com domain name rather than using a blogspot or wordpress blog?

2. I have a tech blog, which gets about 100 visitors a day now, but I am bent on increasing the number of visitors. Even though I get these visitors, my ad revenues are zero.
Can someone please take some time out and tell me what I am doing wrong?
The URL is http://blogbible-tech.blogspot.com

3. Any tips or suggestions are highly appreciated.

thanks
Prashanth

A domain would be shorter then your current url, right?
So it would be easier for people to remember for subsequent visits.

Your ads are all on the top, theres nothing where the content is.
Speaking of content, there is just too much stuff on the main page.

Keep it to 2-3 articles max, and put a banner between each, so you have ads on the whole page, not just the top.

try changing the colors of the ads as well, blend them more. Yellow background with red title text for example. Experiment with colors.

thanks

Wojtek, thanks
some more Qs:

How do i post ads between posts? Blogger doesnt let me do that. I can only add them on the sides or at bottom.
Is there a way I can post a banner in between posts?

thanks much again
Pat

You should try out some CPA type solutions, try to become an affiliate for some hosting companies...you might even earn quite a bit?

I've never used hosted blogs, so I can't tell you how to do it.
Perhaps you can insert the ad code manually into each post you make?

Or if not, perhaps a host blog is not the best solution for you.
Might perhaps look into getting a real host and installing your own blogging script you could customize exactly as you'd like.

Back