• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need some input

Which control panel?

• Directadmin

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • cPanel

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

J J

So I'm thinking of purchasing another dedicated server for ad-supported reliable reseller hosting. However my dilemma is that cPanel is resource intense though popular. Where my other control panel that I'm considering of using Directadmin is less resource intense and not so much liked in the free hosting business. So with this in mind, which control panel should I go for? Or what kind of reseller hosting would you find to be more popular?
  • Would you go with cPanel reseller hosting?
  • Or would you go with Direct Admin reseller hosting?
Costs for the server are not a problem and the server I'd be ordering, would be able to hold around 2,000 - 3,000 active websites. Please keep in mind that Directadmin can be utilized with lighthttpd which would considerably margin more reliability for Directadmin and speed would play a major part because of this.

So I'm looking for opinions I guess from free hosts and users I guess! :) Any input is appreciated.

** If I've posted this in the wrong place, kindly move it to the correct forum!

Yeah, I agree. You could do something that Atgig done, DirectAdmin for free accounts, cPanel for paid accounts.

cPanel/WHM for sure. I've been working with them both since I was at Vlexo there Jonny ;) And I have to say I wouldn't be able to use anything else. WHM/cPanel is just so much more powerful than anything else I've ever seen.

Although if you are going to be forcing ads on to the accounts, have you considered LayeredPanel, I'm not sure if they have a reseller program or something similar but your best bet is to stick with cPanel and WHM.

Although DirectAdmin is just as good, and in my opinion simpler to use, cPanel is the brand people are used to and will recognise. So I will have to say cPanel.

Back