• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Server

Volt.Networks

Bolded!
NLC
Around this:
512 mb ram
70 gb HD
500 gb bw
WHM/cpanel
linux based server
2.4 ghz cpu
100mbitconnection
budget: $60-$70/month
payment method: paypal

something close to this would be great. more space and bw is what i'm looking for but doubt there is something for this price. looking for dedicated but if something like this can be purchased cheaper by, vps or reserller, then interested also.

Last edited:
ok u didnt mention 2 very important things :
1. What CPU u want
2. What line Speed u want :(10mbit or 100mbit)

around 2.4ghz and 100

also, budget has been lowered...partner thinks thats too much. edited post up there now

Last edited:
cPanel itself costs $25/month or more. You cannot get a good server at that price. the budget should be around $100/month

i've seen some pretty close to this for close to my price. however, they didn't have what i really wanted, like some gave more space but less bw, or too little ram, etc

Hi,

Of course you will find cheap offers out there in the market, but not always, what's cheap is good. You want to get something at $60 a month, you might get it, but you will get what you paid for.

Just like gate2vn said, cPanel itself costs $20-25 and I don't think any host will be crazy enough to give you a box for $40 a month? heh, it's just not right.

Whatever host you decide to choose, don't expect a good uptime, because, with such low budget, you are bound to get a bad service.

Good luck anyways.

ok, my partner agreed to increase our budget by $10 more bucks. lol, my partner believes there are cheap servers out there and he is looking

I believe there are cheap servers out there as well :) but dont come back and complain about the service ;)

I think you will be better to get a large reseller account, or semi-dedicated package, not a full server

I would go with any good offer gate2vn has. I see him in every post and he to me, isthe most convincing host I see here in FWS. If you dont go with him; then check Sagonet.com but i think you have to pay some more for Cpanel.

Vietkid, sorry, but I dont know any decent server provider at your budget level, even un-managed server. As I said you that you should be better with a large reseller account, or semi-dedicated. But if you require 500GB transfer, you need to raise your budget to $100/month at least for an un-managed server, and even more with a shared package (cause you dont have to manage server). A fully managed server costs much more

thanks for your comment, Yojance :)

Last edited:
ok, a couple of questions, what does self-managed mean?

and does this site look acceptable:
www.smthost.net

i got a private offer from them. only iffy thing was bw was "unlimited". that and the site is relatively new

the plan i'm looking for is still offered out there, but around $80, next week when i have more time, i might look for more...

there is no information for contacting. Now address, telephone number. And remember, bandwidth and space are NOT unlimited. They are limited. If you read the rules here, unlimited offer is not acceptable.

self-managed means you will do everything on your server. the provide just take care the bandwidth, replace hardware if it's fail, reboot server when needed. Some provide server at really cheap price, but they will charge you whatever you want, including email support ticket, reboot... make sure to ask before making order

ah, ok, thanks for expalining self managed.

ok, instead of setting a budget, i decide to post what i want and see what offers i get, new plan: (VPS ok)

Intel Celeron 2.4GHz
512MB DDRAM Memory
80GB EIDE Hard Drive
1,000GB Data Transfer
WHM/CPanel, auto-pilot
Free Setup
preferably Managed
Linux server, preferably Red hat

Last edited:
yeah, i figured as much, i looked around and saw this offer for an average of around $95/month. unfortunately, this is out of my budget, maybe i'll go for reseller if i can't find any good offers...

a reseller is still very good if you dont need root access. For reseller accounts, HTTPMe, Bluewho, Insiderhosting, Simpli... all they are well-known as decent providers. You cant go wrong with them

ok, i found what looks like a reputalbe host. i got private offer:

AMD Duron or Sempron 2800+
768 mb RAM
120 gb harddrive
1024 gb bw
pleask 7.5
4 ips
no setup
$61/month or so

whats difference btwn plesk and cpanel? and see? its possible to get good deals

Plesk is another web CP. However, I personally dont like Plesk. cPanel is much easier for end users. Yes, that's a good deal if the provider is good as well. Do you mind to let us know their name?

Back