• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Reseller or umm Dedicated server with reseller options..

grand

ok me and a friend want to start an online business of obviously web hosting. Now we are dedicating near $800 in to this project. Which would obviously use for the "trial" perioud. We want to see how things go first before we go all out on this project.

We are looking for our own server, or a reliable host that can give us a great reliable reseller package. (This is not related to an earlier topic of a media server. This is a completely different thing.. I Do have different projects ya'll know ^_^)

Before you make us an account (if we sign up with you) you must agree to do a few things:

Set up the account (duh), show us atleast for a few mins how to use things or give us a Faq's page and provide help on a need to know basics. Because since this will be our first time ever doing this, we will need to learn from scratch. Learn as you go process.

So we basicly need everything to be fixed up, such as DNS, domain transfer, etc. Or atleast tell me how this things are done.

Once again, price range of 40-50 a month. And ofcourse it's for starting our own web hosting business.

TO ANYONE WITH SERVER EXPERIENCE:
I am purchasing a dedicated server soon (different project), can a dedicated server be used to host other sites? like the reseller thing? Cause i think this would be much easier. Since i'll have 1-2 dedicated 1 Terabyte Servers soon.

The problem is that i have no experience with server related issues. Therefore i am going on a "Learn as you go process". So with that said i'm going to give out some free hosting for a little while, to learn things, and then start selling plans once i understand everything.

Thanks.

for $50/mo, you should stay at a reseller account, or VPS. If you want to learn how to manage a server, VPS is a great option. Dont have to pay too much, but you still get root access, and the provider will help you to manage it. However, let's know more about your requirements, platform, space, bw, DB...

we offer reseller accounts, VPSs and dedicated servers as well. Come and have a look. If you have any question, just let us know.

rgds,

I never heard of Levi1.. I want a reliable host thats well known. Because if this web hosting project does well. We could make this a second income or a full time job.

Plus levi1 doesn't look very professional, look at those prices.. "180 GB / 1800 GB - $69.00" Something is really wrong with that. See the thing is, if we have down time, we will lose clients. Therefore reliability plays a huge part in starting a web hosting business. What they say "You get what you pay for". And i don't mind paying a reliable host the market rate for reliable hosting. ^_^

Levi1 was ezhosting. OK then I recommend you infrenion.com and elitewebtech.com for reliabilty. Infrenion is professional. A hosting company that can afford designs by ceonex is a great one.

A decent list of resellers...:

sswebhost.com
bgfweb.com
illuminon.com
psychz.net
ancilehosting.co.uk
gazzin.com
optixdesigns.com
riverworld.net

Most of them are pretty cheap. SSwebhost has been around for a year and they've got some pretty good support. Gazzin is a new side company of Psychz who's been around for 3 years, dunno about support. Ancile has been around for something like a year I think. Optixdesigns.com has been around for 2 years and they've got decent support. Riverworld.net has been around for a while and they've got some good support and they're really friendly.

I've gotta choose between some resellers myself, soon for a webhosting business. :p

Get your price up to about $90 month then you'll be able to get a server with WHM/CPanel (as you have to pay $19-95/month for the license) then we can help you out and hand hold till you get the hang of it $800 would cover you for around a year but you won't get trial peiods on dedicated servers due to setup and such costs.

Real-Hosts said:
I hope thats not right :shame:

He means 150 Gig Bandwidth :biggrin2:

Anyway for the dedicated server

CPU: Intel Celeron™ 2.4GHZ
Memory: 512MB DDR RAM
Hard Drive: 60GB IDE or 18GB SCSI
Bandwidth: 1000GB/MONTH
IP Addresses: 5
Port: 10/100MBPS SWITCHED VLAN

For $89.95 per month

Well actually same offer as Deckers as we from same company but I am just giving you the spec and I am saying I will help you along the way, I am going on my hols on Thursday for 10 days to sunny ireland (stress of support work Decker :biggrin2:) I could help you along the way write tutorials set you a helpdesk up for your site and basically show you the starting points in web hosting

For the hosting package

It depends on how much space, bandwidth you want if you want over 200 Gigs of Bandwidth a dedicated server is your best option

Danny

Last edited:
Ok i have raised my $$ limit to 80 monthly. Server must come with Cpanel or something i can manage hostees, bw, disk space, etc. Basicly i only know of Cpanel. Since i have that one two of my other sites.
I was going to sign up with managed.com but they are lame. They wont give me help on things i wont understand. So why sign up if i'm not going to get help on how to operate things? plus they said i had to pay cpanel to some company every month, and other software installations i had to do..

for starters.. i know jack shit about servers.
2nd of all, how am i going to install software on a remote server? lol no idea..

ok here it is again:
Dedicated server (please present processor info, ram, etc)
40+ Gbs space
1 Terabyte Bandwidth
the goody ol'd scripts like cgip/php/mysql etc. (basics)
help on a need to know basis. I'd preffer to learn by my self, but i know alot of things i'll need help with. And managed.com said they wont help me. I guess since they are big enough, they dont give a damn about one little hostee ^_^

I would of just signed up with Decker or the other dude here.. but $80 is really my max. I already calculated my "supply" for this project. $80 is truly the max i can go without running out of cash fast.

Last edited:
you might wanna look at nocster: http://www.nocster.net/

getting a good server with a good provider at that price ($80) will be difficult. you'll only find them in big companies. but those usually do not do any "hand-holding".

Last edited:
try again :) we have XP2400 server with 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, 1000GB bw, WHM/cPanel installed at $99.9/mo. Ah... and free Fantastico license. server is located at the Planet DC (not ServerMatrix)

if you decide to signup, remember Discount/Affiliate Code is "grandf"

rgds,

that's why I am asking he tries again :)

anyway, grand, if you need 40GB HDD, you can take off $5/mo, not much but... :)

Still going to be tricky at $80 with WHM/CPanel, leave it with me and I'll see what I can find for you :)

Trying my best to cut it down as much as I can here could you go about $2-4 higher at a push :)

One more thing - have you budgetted for server setup ?? I might have a solution for you :D

Naw i havent concidered the set up. But if its reasonable, i can pay for it. No problem. Let me know the info on this server for $80 bucks you PM'd me about, Decker. ^_^

Also one note, like i said before, this is for a few months. Sooner or later this one server wont be able to keep up with my requirements for more hostees, so i'm purchasing a 2nd server from the same host at there regular prices. Since i'll probably be able to pay alot more with the income from the hostees etc.

So i'm aiming within the next year to spend around $250-300 a month for two servers i guess.. ^_^

Trying our best to get a provision of your first one - and setup from the DC always goes up with setup when you get the costs down. Do you have a figure for setup? As we're 'almost' prepared to take on the risk of taking some of the support on it to keep the cost down :D

Back