• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need opinion on low priced webhosting package

awp

Hi,

I'm from awphosting (http://www.awphosting.com). I was wondering if anybody is interested in a package with really low priced hosting with the provision that support will be of lower priority than our normal hosting packages.

The pricing will be something to the effect of $1.95->$3.95 per month (pricing not set yet; cheaper for yearly payments). Support response time for 99%+ of support tickets will be under 12-36 hours. In fact, most will be under 12 hours.

Package features will be along the lines of:
50-100 mb
2-3 gig
NO Setup Fees
multiple (unlimited?) FTP
1-5 domains
unlimited subdomains
unlimited parked domains
unlimited domain aliases
10-50 POP accounts
unlimited aliases
unlimited auto responders
PHP4
personal cgi-bin
PERL 5
HSphere control panel
SiteStudio web page maker
OScommerce e-commerce package
frontpage extensions
search engine submit
personal incoming/outgoing mail servers
2 MySQL users
2 MySQL dbs
PHPbb integrated

Control Panel screenshots: http://www.awphosting.com/demos.html

30 day money back guarantee.
Paypal accepted.
No checks or money orders for this special ($1.95 check?! :D )

This package is targeted at those who:
1. do not require much support as they either know what they
are doing
2. just want a place to park domains/get emails, etc.
3. do not have a time critical web site development plan

Support level will be same. For example, if you need help setting up a forum, we'll help you - it will just take us longer to get to you vs. a "regular" client.

Pricing and features are not set at this point. We are still open to suggestions. Post here for the benefit of public viewing.

I believe that about covers it.

Thanks for your time,
Charles
charles@awphosting.com

Originally posted by Jan
Hmmmmm, prices not yet set? so why was somebody promoting your hosting two days ago? :devious2:

http://66.33.36.33/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30609

I don't know if you took the time to visit our website or even read my post, but if you did, you would have figured out this is a new plan.

I'm soliciting comments on what users would think of this new package, i.e. who would be interested and how the plan can change to fit people's interests.

:devious2:

Well, I think that it is a good idea to have cheaper prices for more experienced users that don't require much support BUT IMHO you have to make an exception and provide instant support if there is a major problem (ie with MySQL, no FTP etc).

Originally posted by MTG
Well, I think that it is a good idea to have cheaper prices for more experienced users that don't require much support BUT IMHO you have to make an exception and provide instant support if there is a major problem (ie with MySQL, no FTP etc).

Well, unless we split the accounts on different servers (which I doubt) those problems that plague everyone will, of course, be fixed immediately.

well..I guess that would be alright by me....
as long as support doesnt take like days or weeks to get back to you.....

Back