• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

need host

rahmanesque

i need a host which gives abt 100mb webspace....supports perl 5.005 and allows message boards on their servers.....
need a really fast one....
any suggestions???

A mod probably moved this thread...

Many hosts (including paid) are frowning upon cgi (perl) forums because they're too much of a strain on the server.

Originally posted by Phrozen
A mod probably moved this thread...

oh, okay...

Many hosts (including paid) are frowning upon cgi (perl) forums because they're too much of a strain on the server.

Really? but it's why they are paid, isn't it? I mean, as long as you don't exceed the bandwith limit, it's ok.

i believe what he meant was it uses up the systems resources such as RAM and uses a large amount of the Processor aswell..:chinese2:

dk3.com gives as much space as u need, but realistically i think u only get about 120-40mb. u get....:

stupid floating ad (can be closed once seen)
php/cgi/ssi/mysql
as much bandwidth as needed

Depends on which BB are u using for the forum, some BB used a lot of resources, some not. VBulletin (like this forum) is a good one.

And also depends on how active is your forum. How many active members. How much bandwidth used per month.

And without paying anything, that is real hard to get something superb. Or the free host will close his business very soon.

2 cents :p

Originally posted by ozefrog
dk3.com gives as much space as u need, but realistically i think u only get about 120-40mb. u get....:

stupid floating ad (can be closed once seen)
php/cgi/ssi/mysql
as much bandwidth as needed

dk3 isn't excepting new members and for the first time my Norton said I received a virus from looking at there site, actually any site for that matter.

Back