• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Help

Contol

Hello, I'm new in VPS. I want to configure my VPS but I found it unmanaged. I want to install Apache, but when I try using wget command, I got "Host temporary not resolve". How can I using wget and ftp ?

This is error message I got

Resolving www.yahoo.com... failed: Temporary failure in name resolution.

Btw, since it's unmanaged, it's okay for me for asking help ? I'm using Galaxy-Host VPS and I must rebuild my OS many times but some of my app cant work on centos

I'm sure they'll be willing to help you, or at least point you in the right direction. Just shoot them a support request.

Sometime I got this problem too, it's from resolv.conf or from the provider ?

That's only one of the possibles unfortunately :)

stupid questions whats vps >.<

It's an isolated chunk of a physical server (a virtual private server) that can be allocated a section of the physical machines resources, but has it's own OS and software that can't (shouldn't) ever interfer with any other user on the physical server, like running vmware or the like :)

Thanks for helping, I got fast respond from Galaxy-Hosts. Btw any info or guide for setup server for first time ? for newbie of course -_-

Tokko,

What OS are you using? There are many ways to setup a server, but most are operating system specific.

Try CentOS (USETHISBASE on our system :p it's the updated version). You can then just run the following command to get setup:

yum install apache php mysql

Back