• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need help on how to recieve payments.

idpeaceb

Okay, I'm planning on opening a web design site, but don't know how to go about with the receivinng of payments. What methods are there, which methods are preferred? Note, I am only 16, so I don't have a credit card. And should I receive payment before I give the client the site, or should it be the other way around. Because I don't want any delay in the client receiving the design. Please help me, thanks.

www.paypal.com is nice - you can use your bank account

do this, have the client tell you what design they want, finish it and take a screen shot with a water mark, if they like it have them send you a payment, then give them the html / gif / jpgs / PDFs ect

if you withdraw to your bank acct, i think it's free. if you want a check withdrawal, $1.50. and, if you don't have a bank acct or cc, it can be quite a pain to confirm your address. at least it was for me. i still haven't got it confirmed with them...anyway, good luck.

(i think e-gold is better than paypal, by the way.)

I'm 17 and I haven't got a credit card either.

I simply give my client my bank account # and ask them to deposit the money there from their account.

I ask for a portion of the money as a deposit before I start work. The deposit I ask for varies on how much the whole job is, and how much the client can afford, and so on. I don't give anyone anything until I've received full payment. They can look, and say whether they like it, but they don't receive the actual files until I've been paid.

Originally posted by anhedonia
I'm 17 and I haven't got a credit card either.

I simply give my client my bank account # and ask them to deposit the money there from their account.

I ask for a portion of the money as a deposit before I start work. The deposit I ask for varies on how much the whole job is, and how much the client can afford, and so on. I don't give anyone anything until I've received full payment. They can look, and say whether they like it, but they don't receive the actual files until I've been paid.

What is your site url?? I want to do a web design service too. but my problem is i'm from indonesia. so how if , let say, your client not from your country?

Hi,

Just as an FYI...PayPal members have to be 18 years of age.

Eligibility. In order to use the Service, you must register for a Personal, Premier, or Business account. If you use the Service to receive credit-card funded payments, you must register for, or upgrade to, a Premier or Business Account, or else the credit card funded payment will be returned to the sender. If you use the account to accept or send payments in the conduct of a trade or business, you must upgrade or register for a Premier or Business Account.

As of January 1, 2002, you must be at least 18 years of age to register for an account and use the Service.

Originally posted by soyuz

What is your site url?? I want to do a web design service too. but my problem is i'm from indonesia. so how if , let say, your client not from your country?

At the moment I haven't got my portfolio up... But you can see my personal site if you like. http://www.bittergirl.net

I think you can get international account transfers... But I'm not really sure. I once had a client from New Zealand, and he just transferred the money somehow...

Paypal isn't that good...especially if you're selling a service. They make the customer sign up with them in order for you to receive payments.

It's different if they are buying a real tangible product. They are automatically signed up then using their credit card address verified with the shipping address.

Probably the best cc service would be to pay either a percentage or flat rate and have them simply process the order without bugging the customer to sign up for something they don't want.:confused2

hey, I'm already 19 years old and still no credit card (actually I don't have one yet as I don't really need it)
I have 2 bank accounts, if I have to pay I make a bank transfer
paypal is okay, but I don't think international users can use it with their bank account

Hi nitroboy,

You are correct. International users can't make payments with a bank account.

Hi zoobie,

We are looking at the option of allowing buyers to pay without registration. I do need to add that our account-based system does help reduce issues with credit card fraud. You can also establish recurring billing for the your buyers if they have an account (subscriptions). This might be something to consider...

Originally posted by idpeaceb
What other methods are possible? What about by cheque?
I don't really like them
I received a cheque, about $50 (not much I know) but I had to pay about $10 of these $50 for taxes, costs, etc....

Back