• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Help - Lan Messanger

horaz

I have some computer on my office, and need to install some LAN Messanger likes MSN Messanger or Yahoo Messanger.

The point is. I need software that can handle private chat also channel supported over LAN Network.

If you know some software that can handle this please drop me msg.

Any help will helpful.

I think thats not good idea to install IRC Server on network. -- My staff not familiar with that.

That all I need, something like MSN or Yahoo Messanger. -- Easy To Use -- :knockedou When user goes offline, messages sent can be pending on server. Then if user online, user can recieve. And can show user online or offline.

Or maybe someone can build Yahoo or MSN Messanger on Local Server over LAN?

Sorry for my bad English :(

Last edited:
Why not use an instant messenger over the internet? I'm not too sure about all the popular IM apps, but ICQ can send messages while the person's offline

My small network doesn't has Internet Connection or Without Internet Connection.
That's why I asking about alternative of Local Messenger. :(

Or if you have any application using web browser, that would be nice too. But if there is no help about Instan Messenger over LAN.

What's the network made up of eg. does it have a dhcp server/static ip config, router, switches, hibs, Microsoft, Novell, IP, NetBUI, IPX ......

Some apps are better than others under certain platforms.

If you don't want to post you can pm me the LAN details and I'll look out some details for you :)

In fact if it's a standard MS network then netmeeting will do, except for offline pending messaging.

Bruce said:

that's a good idea, i think the only turn off about it though is the wide range of different apps there are for it... i totally forgot about jabber actually...

although i found it a bit awkward to start with tho...

Thanks for all help

I'll take alook now..... :)

DEKER :

Im using WIN2000 As a server and about network IP, we dont use DCHP, connected through HUB, all platform running on WindowsBOX. (Win98SE, XP, Win2K)

Server IP 192.168.0.1 Running Windows 2K Pro (included POP, SMTP, IIS and PHP installed)
Cient IP 192.168.0.2-255 <-- I dont remember :)

Before of that Im using LanTalk XP. But I found some bugs, LanTalk wont save setting options on exit. Soo we should reconfig option again and again. :(

Well once again thanks for all.. :)

Sorry for my :( English

You could try finding something on Planet Source Code - and pray theres a complied version supplied

Back