• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need help installing CD-RW

dorothyc

I guess this is not the most appropriate place to ask this question, but my friend (we share the same computer) had e-mail Panasonic over a week ago and never received an reply.
I don't know where else to ask, I hope somebody here could help us or tell us where would be a good place to get help on this.
Thanks.

==
Hi, I need some help in installing the Panasonic KXL-RW10A CD-RW drive on WinME.
When I plug-in the drive, the "Add New Hardware Wizard" window would
not show up, I tried to follow the instruction that comes with the
driver for WinME that I downloaded from the panasonic.ca page, but even after the computer told
me that I've installed the driver for the SCSI controllers, the
"Add New Hardware Wizard" window still did not show up.

I am not able to install the drive by asking the computer to search for
new device either, instead, the computer says "PCI SCSI Bus Controller" is not
working properly because it doesn't have the right driver.

Here are some information about my computer and the drive:
Model number of the drive: KXL-RW10A
Serial number: 9JCDA004456
Manufactured: 1999 October
System configuration: Mobile Pentium III processor, Intel SpeedStep Technology
Bios Version: R0205D1 / RK205D1
Controller/sound card used: YAMAHA DS-XG PCI Audio CODEC (WDM)
Operating system: WINDOWS ME
And the computer is a Sony VAIO PCG-SR19GT laptop

Was the SCSI adapter included with your CDR? If it was, I'm guessing that it probably wasn't made by Panasonic, and they just included the old drivers for it. Otherwise Panasonic should have the correct drivers available for download.

I guess for a start, you should to go the website of the manufacturer of that SCSI card and download the latest WinME drivers for it. Be sure to remove the old drivers from your device manager first. Once you get the SCSI adapter working, WinME should be able to detect the drive.

No... it actually comes with the drive

Thanks for the reply.
The PC Card (is that the same as SCSI adaptor?) did come with the drive.
It's serial number is PKWBLRW10A, and I can't locate it on Panasonic's driver list online....

I haven't had any first hand experience with laptops or PCMCIA cards such as your SCSI Adapter. So I don't really know what to say.

I did a websearch on that model and found this thread, hopefully it might be helpful. Otherwise you'll have to deal with Panasonic Support.

http://www.driverforum.com/controller/3632.html

Back