• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need free US / UK based hosting for blog mirror.

GlennBeforeTime

Why is Dan Back!!
NLC
Hi all,

I run a blog (Duh as many of you may be saying) and I get a lot of traffic from the US / UK. My blog's server is located within Australia and I am looking to setup mirrors that viewers from the US and UK can select to use, and they will be transferred to the mirror located within their country. These mirrors will have the exact same database that will be synced from the master database (Located in Australia) to allow the exact same content as the Australian located site, but just located within the US / UK to make the page load faster for those users.

I would require about;
5GB Space
50GB Transfer (Future proofing)
and cPanel with at least 5 databases just in case.

I will (depending on how successful this is) pay for the hosting of both located accounts. I would prefer for these accounts to be with the 1 host, just makes it easier.

The blog is currently up to 2,400 Unique viewers for November. I would like to have this set up as soon as possible so I can confirm that they are all working.

Thanks guys.

Glenn buddy, your best just paying for it, it'd be way more reliable than trusting free hosts. I ain't bashing the industry but when it comes to mirroring a website, you seriously need that optimal reliability to keep it online.

Just a suggestion, mind

True, but I do not no if it would be utilized or not. Also want to try it out as apposed to just running in there spending money that I just don't have to through away. But I understand where you're coming from, and appreciate your feedback :)

Will you accept a plan that is just a little smaller? If so, I can help. But, it will be a custom plan.

I was thinking along the lines of

3.5GB Space
35-40GB Bandwidth

Let me know if this is okay, or I could maybe go a little higher.

Hey Glenn! You should have came to me! You helped me before and I'll help you with this! pm me :D or get me on msn i'll be on there :D

MicGoogle, did you even read? He has the US mirror, are you a UK host?
Datacenter: Lansing, Michigan
Datacenter: LiquidWeb
Didn't think so...

Glenn, if your still looking for a UK based host in a week or 2, I might be able to get you some space on one of our new UK based server's, but it'd be using HostingController (not sure though at the moment, depends how we're going to configure it)

Please note: the comment to MicGoogle in this post is not bashing him, I am just pointing out the obvious that he's not a UK host...

Last edited:
MicGoogle, did you even read? He has the US mirror, are you a UK host?

Didn't think so...

Glenn, if your still looking for a UK based host in a week or 2, I might be able to get you some space on one of our new UK based server's, but it'd be using HostingController (not sure though at the moment, depends how we're going to configure it)

Please note: the comment to MicGoogle in this post is not bashing him, I am just pointing out the obvious that he's not a UK host...

Thanks for the offer Bro. I will take you up on that :) Doesn't need cPanel, just PHP / MySQL and all requirements for Wordpress :)

Id have helped ya out man. Shoulda MSNed me :p

You haven't been on :p

Thanks though buddy :) When I look at making my site redundant (Will take quite some time) I will be looking at a heck of a lot of accounts that the site will be mirrored on for load bearing, and redundancy.

TheWebWorld can provide you with this, we can also do custom plans and VPS is optional!
5000MB Webspace
50000MB / month Bandwidth
100x of all features
Shared IP address
Apply
More Plans

if you are intrested I can do a custom plan, I will do it for free if you are willing to put a link back or for a very small fee :). We can also do VPS.

What market is your blog aimed at?

If you want a UK based VPS - we've got one spare £12.99 per month for 1GB Ram :)

Back