• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need free RELIABLE domain hosting for blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahadtariq

Hi, I have a blog at http://technodorm.com

Its down right now as my last host has been down since 12th Feburuary... :confused4

I have a technology blog. I need the following stuff in hosting.
200mb space
40-60gb bandwidth
PHP, MYSQL(only 1 database required)
99.9% Uptime(I really need this as my previous two hosts have given me severe downtime.. :cry2:)
cPanel would be highly preferred!
I will put my own google adsense ads on the site

And thats about all I will need I think. The reason for requiring such a high bandwidth is because I like to do a couple image-intensive posts every month and submit them to stumbleupon so they get huge traffic for a week or two. This consumes a lot of bandwidth! I used up 50gb in just 2 weeks of january but that post had about 15+ pictures with each being 100kb in size. I wont be doing a post like that again! :)

The uptime is really important! I need a reliable host.

Also, you can check out my site through google cache by searching "site:technodorm.com". You can check out my whole site there. It also recently got a pagerank of 5 while it has been down! I only got this domain on 6th december and earned this pagerank and my alexa rank is also in the 117,000s.

I will link back to the site owner through a link, button, or 125x125 ad. Any way the host wants it. :beer:

I will probably transfer my site in a weeks time or less. If you need any other info then just leave a post here or contact me through pm.

Last edited:
Q. Can I put my own advertisements?
A. No.

Q. I want to earn in my account, so let me put my ads.
A. You will need to pay a nominal fee in fine bucks for the maintenance of your account.

I guess I forgot to state in my first post that I will be putting my own ads on my site.

Wow... the bandwidth.. is a little too much...

yeah i guess thats why I am not seeing anyone posting here. But that much bandwidth is used when you get more then 2000+ unique visitors each day on a couple of image intensive articles.

I guess I could always use a free image host for my images. That should lower the bandwidth to 10gb or so. Should I make a new thread with this change in requirement?

yeah i guess thats why I am not seeing anyone posting here. But that much bandwidth is used when you get more then 2000+ unique visitors each day on a couple of image intensive articles.

I guess I could always use a free image host for my images. That should lower the bandwidth to 10gb or so. Should I make a new thread with this change in requirement?

Do you need to make a new thread?
I think you can just update it here. ;)

If that is so, I can provide you with the following:-
-300MB Space
-10GB Bandwidth
-PHP & MySQL

Check it out here:- http://www.EEFreeHost.com

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks. :)

That is an awful lot of bandwidth for a blog; I suggest if you want to conserve bandwidth that you do not embed images onto a page, but instead link to them.

Anyways, if you haven't found a host yet, I recommend you check out http://x10hosting.com/. They offer up to 2.5 GB of space and 45 GB of bandwidth (we have several plans to choose from, varying from ad-free to ad-enhanced). We have cPanel 11 on all accounts, and promotions for free domains and more!

have you ever had a free host with php enabled so you can see the flood of spams, cpu over loading and fraud operations?

Um, there are ways to deal with all of that. :) Web hosting with no PHP is like a car with no wheels - it's no good!

Thanks a lot guys for all your suggestions and offers. I have found a host though.
I looked over at x10hosting as well and found them quite good by judging with their reviews. So if my current host doesn't work out, I will probably shift there. But I am hoping I don't have to! :p

Thanks guys. Please close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back