• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need free host with CGI/Perl or PHP, 25 megs space

vip3r

Need a host with PHP or Perl/CGI, and a MySQL database if possible. Its for my personal website (it won't have forums), and I'll need to host some of my programs so EXE files must be allowed. Bandwith doesn't have to be that much, but the more the merrier.

Also, ads need to be reasonable. I don't want a bug huge banner on top of the page, and a huge popup everytime the site loads. A small banner, text link, or popup every 16 hours, etc. is nice.

Sorry if I'm asking for too much, I'm new to this hosting stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Well first of all, most free hosts will only allow web content (html, php, gif, etc) and will not allow EXE files, so you may need to drop that restraint. Also what kind of EXE files are they? Programs, Cracks, etc?

Okay deep, that sounds like an insult from hell :D i mean, its to be a personal site and he doesnt need much bandwidth... that itself tells me all that is off and out... and maybe you should try making them into rar or zip files and if the server doesnt allow it.. host it elsewhere to link off of the site if is possible.

Ya, it's a personal site.

And as for linking off another server, I don't know of any that offer EXE or ZIP file support. Do you know of any?

And I aways get an Internal Server Error whenever I try to sign-up with that host.

Thanks again!

Oh.

Spaceports seems nice, but it doesn't seem like it will last long. How old is it?

And it looks like the same with Host-Ultra.

Seeing how difficult it is to get a host with EXE files, I could write a PHP script that actually took the data out a file disguised as a HTML file and present it to the user as a EXe file (I'm pretty sure this can be done). Would this still be against the terms of service of most hosts? And if not, I guess I will have to stick with ads. Any hosts with ads that are reliable and can fit the above-mentioned requirements?

Originally posted by vip3r
Oh.

Spaceports seems nice, but it doesn't seem like it will last long. How old is it?

And it looks like the same with Host-Ultra.

Seeing how difficult it is to get a host with EXE files, I could write a PHP script that actually took the data out a file disguised as a HTML file and present it to the user as a EXe file (I'm pretty sure this can be done). Would this still be against the terms of service of most hosts? And if not, I guess I will have to stick with ads. Any hosts with ads that are reliable and can fit the above-mentioned requirements?
spaceports the host i have seen last year .so i feel it will last long as it has not downed now

spaceports however, requires free users to place their banner on top of every page though...

I think they would last for quite some time... and they do have great free services though, such as cgi, php and mysql... however you will have to pay a price by placing their banner!

many free host need to put their pops or banner or something else to link to their site

or they will not offer free space:cool:

Back