• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

need cheap hosting

austhome

G'day all.

I am doing a web site for my church and need hosting for hardly any charge - free or almost free would be good. The web site is in the construction phase at present and completion date to be early November. Need for a host is rather urgent.

There will be about 10 to 14 pages, need ASP, need Microsoft Access database (not MySQL) and I can make the database, need Windows server at host (unless any other server can use access database), need CGI Bin if possible or access to common types of scripts such as guestbook.

I also will need to run a JAVA applet, space required for the site would be about 20 to 25 MB, prefer no ads or banner at top or text link (prefer no popups at all). If ads were to be shown such as in a banner or link then the ads could not be Adult related or anything to do with alcohol or gambling.

Would prefer hosting in the following order of countries -
Australia
USA
England
New Zealand
Other English speaking countries

Can pay up to $30 Australian if need be for hosting.

Also would need ability to put a .org.au domain or a .org domain to point to the site if possible.

From austhome

You could try contacting Web Central in Brisbane. They are very accomodating to community-gestured hosting. They've provided free dedicated servers and domain names to a few projects I have been involved with.

Go straight to the top and address your letter attention Lloyd Ernst.

I'd help you out but we don't run any Windows hosting anymore.

Good luck.

Gary

austhome
1. Are you non-profit? If you are then your hosting will be free with us.
2. How much bandwidth do you require?
3. Is Unix host ok for you?
Thankful in advance!

Last edited:
G'day Sam.

Yes. The church is non-profit. We are a new church and only have about 20 people attending. We are part of the Churches of Christ.

Unix host would be OK if they can run an Access database as I do not know what to do with a MySQL database. I am a TAFE student volunteering my services and I learnt how to do a DSN-less connection with a Microsoft Access database using ASP pages.

Bandwidth would be less tha 1 GB a month if that.

Fromn austhome

G'day Gary

Would you have a direct email address for Lloyd Ernst, or would the sales@webcentral.com.au address do?

Can I give him the url of this forum and mention your recommendation?

Can your server run a Micorsoft database, or can a dsn-less connection be done to a MySQL database (or whatever database you run) using ASP pages? If so, do you have a web address of a tutorial?

From austhome

Originally posted by austhome
G'day Gary

Would you have a direct email address for Lloyd Ernst, or would the sales@webcentral.com.au address do?

Can I give him the url of this forum and mention your recommendation?

Can your server run a Micorsoft database, or can a dsn-less connection be done to a MySQL database (or whatever database you run) using ASP pages? If so, do you have a web address of a tutorial?

From austhome

Yep, I'd go with sales@.

Sure, you can say that you have read that Web Central get in behind NPO's and refer to this thread.

Access will never be ported to Linux. We don't support ASP pages.

Regards

Gary

Back