• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need cheap hosting with domain

Never_pay

First,nevermind the username :D
Not too many good free hosts anymore so time to go paid.

Im looking for as many goodies as I can get cheap along with domain name.
I am looking for something like 60host that include domain name in the cost.
Though 60host is cheap ($60 yr) I am looking for something similar,but cheaper,as well as better uptime.

What specs do you require? People can't really recommend a host to you without knowing some basic kind of information such as Webspace, Bandwidth, How many POP3 Accounts you require etc etc etc....

Also what do you mean by better uptime? who are you comparing your prospective host against?

I was comparing to 60host as I have seen the problems there.
I asked for as much as I can get but should have been more detailed.
I think the link above is what will suit me though.
So if there are any other suggestions,you could go off what they offer as I think that is what I need.

Originally posted by Never_pay
Though 60host is cheap ($60 yr) I am looking for something similar,but cheaper,as well as better uptime.
6 GB monthly traffic
300 MB Web Space
60 POP3 e-mail accounts,
6 Subdomains

6 Subdomains, Additional domain aliasing, Frontpage Support, SSH, MySQL Database, Perl, PHP, Python support FTP, Secure Shell Access

No Set Up Fees! 24/7 Free Live Support 1 month complete money-back guarantee

+ a free .COM/.NET/.ORG or .CO.UK Domain Registration

This is the plan he/she wants to match/improve on :)

A Great Competitor I just signed with them

I recommend ICDSoft.com, been searching for months for a frontpage server after I ran into development restrictions on my Cold Fusion host. (Restrictions as a result of my limited development aptitude).

I asked a whole bunch of questions to their customer support before I joined.

They answered each email about 5-6 of them with real people within 15 minutes per email.

Unbelievable, these guys are awesome. And for $5 dollars a month you CAN NOT go wrong.

Read reviews on them HERE: http://www.webhostingratings.com/plans/ICDSoft-Reviews.html. Those reviews are independent and not paid for or sponsored, a few negative ones but all of those have adequate replies.

Here is what I got for $65 US (GRAND TOTAL) a year:
Free DOMAIN name (I registered empireradio.com)
333 MB of web space
5000 MB of transfer a month (5GB) which is approximately 100,000 hits a month on the average site
5 FREE Sub domains (i.e. trevor.empireradio.com or fitness.empireradio.com)
Web Site statistics
Online Control Panel
MySQL Database
Frontpage 2002 extensions
Personal CGI-BIN
24/7 Tech support and the longest I have waited to hear from them was literally 15 minutes
Pass protected directories
SSI
SSL
Graphical Hit Counter
WAP Support (for handheld computers and cell phones)
24/7 FTP access

EMAIL STUFF
Unlimited Email accounts
Webmail
SMTP, POP3 and IMAP Mail Servers

They set me up within 10 minutes and my server is active already. That was 20 minutes ago.

MY domain name is guaranteed 24 hrs or less to be active.

WOW is all I can say… I will see how it goes with them, speed wise and will let you know. Though I pinged some of their customers and it was slightly slower than 60Host.

After my IP was set up I pinged it (from Toronto Canada on DSL 1.5m).
Here was the results:
60Host.com = av ping 106ms
my server = av ping 204ms

Those results are a bit askew though as I am sure 60Host web server is on a better connection and dedicated server, as it is their flagship website.

I don't know anyone on 60Host to ping from here, if you know someone tell me so I can see, if there is ANY downside to this host.

Take Care,
Trevor

Back