• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Cheap Host in Australia

waloxspace

hi,
I really need a cheap host, about $5 - 8 a month Australian (that's about 2-5 dollars US), with:
- at least 1.5 gig bandwith
- at least 15mb
- cgi/perl
- ftp
- domain name (paid seperatly)

What's the space to be used for? I ask because, if you are going to be constantly uploading or receiving a lot of email at that domain then Australian based hosting is going to be a bit more expensive than you might think. If you are only going to be uploading your content once, and then with occasional small updates, and even could consider routing the mail for your domain offshore, then cost effective Australian based hosting is a very real possibility because outgoing/outbound data is in effect unmetered.

Hope that helps. Post back with any questions I might have sparked.

Cheers

Gary

Well, he never did specifically state that the servers had to be based Down Under...

It's just a fair assumption from the thread title. Same when someone asks for a host in Europe...I take it they mean physically in Europe. I know that's not always how it pans out...but the info is there now.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks Gary
Yeh, I do mean actually the server in Australia. Its just because then it won't cost as much to send a check or anything to pay them.
Also its not going to be uplaoding alot of email, I'll just upload the site like you said and update it every now and again.:)

Originally posted by waloxspace
Yeh, I do mean actually the server in Australia. Its just because then it won't cost as much to send a check or anything to pay them.
I think you're missing the point here...

Many hosts are based Down Under, (you send the payment there), yet their servers are located in the US.

I really hope you're not going to be sending a check to the server. :p

well, i'm not really sure how i can pay people. I'm only 15 and don't have a credit card. I do have an Eftpos and a bank account.

I tried pay pal, but because i'm international, they don't let me transfer money from my bank account to the pay pal one without a credit card. So i'm pritty stuffed.

Do you know what i should do???:confused2

Do you use online banking? You might be able to organise payment through there for an Aussie host?

Yeh i do, i might have to try that. Do you reakon the best way is just to contact the host owner, then ask if he will let me do that?

I wasn't aware of that...considering under 18's can have a saving account and it can be used for direct deposit as well as credit cards. Probably best to just use straight direct deposit over Netbanking mate.

Cheers

Gary

Back