• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a splash page

ViEtGuRL

I need a webdesigner to design a splash page for me. I don't need any of the other pages....only the opening splash page. I don't have that high of a budget, but then again, I only need 1 page designed.

let me know the details, and I might be able to help.

Your budget is ?

A domain name of my choice would be enough, through namecheap.com

hey, can you guys email me?

cuz i don't check this board often anymore (i used to be on here everyday...a long time ago, hehe). thanks ;)

Why would someone pay to design a splash page?
Its a design no no and will assure that many of your potential visitors leave before venturing beyond the splash page.
Also it sacrifies the search engine potential of your site's home page and generally just wastes time.
So why pay someone for this specifically?
I am curious.

Originally posted by firstmark
Why would someone pay to design a splash page?
Its a design no no and will assure that many of your potential visitors leave before venturing beyond the splash page.
Also it sacrifies the search engine potential of your site's home page and generally just wastes time.
So why pay someone for this specifically?
I am curious.

Believe me, alot of people do pay for splash pages, I know I've designed most probably a few hundred and got payed !!
Some splash pages in my opinion excite the visitor to wanting to see more (thats my theory).
As for search engine potential I can't comment, thats down to the site owner/s.
People pay someone like me to design a splash page, because thats my job, just like a builder, constructing a porch for a house (a nice enterance in both cases!)

I'll have to agree with Pro5Ject.

Regardless how small or big it is, it still costs time.

You know how pizza delivery people diliver pizza for free, yet you still give them a tip. Same thing in this case.

The thing to remember with splash pages is the most important element of the splash page is a clear easy to find skip button to minimize the splash page's irritation factor and loss of traffic.

Back