• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a Small vps for Gameserver

umarsa

Hello there,

I am looking for a VPS where i can host my gameserver. Here is something like what i need.

CentOS 5.3
5GB Space
100GB bandwidth or more
256 dedicated ram
A good Internet connection (latency intensive)

I hope i get some good quotes for this.

Thanks!

It'd probably be cheaper to purchase a game server from a place like Gameservers.com. VPS' are usually not intended for hosting game servers because they are CPU intensive when full.

Thanks for your reply.

I was planning to host two or three on my VPS which is why i didn't want to go to somewhere like gameservers.com

Hey Umarsa,

I am going to give you some advice based on my experience. VPS's are not good for gameservers due to the cpu usage and disk IO usage. I attempted to setup a whole new project using windows vps servers and it failed due to me not having the ability to get a gameserver to run reliably on a vps. [With out lag..ect..ect]

Keep in mind this is just some advice what you choose to do with it is your choice.

Thanks for the replys.

The first site is in pounds and from my experience £5 is useally $10 or $13 which is not what im looking for.

The second site is also the same but its not in pounds but is in dollars.

Is there anyone else that i could go to?

Oh and thanks for your advice but i think its worth a shot if i find a good company.

Hate to say it buy you won't find anything under $10 that will run one game server, nevermind 2-3. You're going to have to buy a dedicated or up your budget quite a bit.

Hate to say it buy you won't find anything under $10 that will run one game server, nevermind 2-3. You're going to have to buy a dedicated or up your budget quite a bit.

I'm in agreement. Even with my offer, I'd be pulling a lot of string to bring you that price, and that still, is a low end VPS. Its probably not capable of running a gameserver. But hey, if you want a a fast dedicated server for about 2 hours of uptime, check out the Digital Point servers. I've seen some offers for dedicated servers at just $10-15 per month, and some less than that.

Standard VPS1
256MB Dedicated RAM
386MB Burstable RAM
20GB Disk Space
700GB Bandwidth
1 IP
$10.95
Order - Secure

Addons:
cPanel: $16.95/Month
DirectAdmin: $15.95/Month
Fantastico + Rv Skins + WHMmaster Reseller : $10/mo

Extra IP: $2.50 per IP
Extra Space: 5GB Space : $3.95/mo
Bandwidth: Unmetered 10Mbps Bandwidth ( $20/mo )

Q: What payment options do you have available?
A: Currently we accept all Major Credit Cards, Paypal And Alertpay.
( MB Comming Soon )

eum , if you are still looking for a vps to host your game server on then i can provide you the vps

at this moment i got no complains from my clients and they run heavy game servers (up to 2GB ram that they use to run a private server and they run it on my cheapest package with no problem o_O)

my cheapest package cost 20$ and it got 256mb Dedicated ram and 4GB virtual ram
and 25GB hd and 250 GB Traffic
please note : i do only Windows XP hosting

if intrested or want to contact me , feel free to go to http://dehost.org and use the livechat :d

Thank you
Greets From The Crasher

My experience with game servers is that you always find a server nearest to where most of your players will be playing. Ping can make a big difference when playing games like counter-strike.

I would suggest getting a game server at http://www.gameservers.com/

I have a few game servers with them and they are running great!

Thanks for your reply.

I was planning to host two or three on my VPS which is why i didn't want to go to somewhere like gameservers.com

Don't do it, I tried running just ONE CS 1.6 server on a VPS with 2GB ram, and decent burst...and the latencies were around 20-30. It just doesn't work out that great....I can imagine it would be MUCH worse with 256MB ram, and more then one server.

Back