• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a simple host...

Hellbound

Since 8op.com is no longer allowing new signups, I am in need of a new host. The great thing about 8op was it's simplicity, and easy file manager. All I ask is:

-FTP: A must.

-A file manager

-Could care less about CGI

-Over or at 5mb

-Short url

I also don't care about ads, but a small footbanner would be nice.

Basiclly, I'm looking for a decent host. Not great, but not horrible too. Anyone who's used 8op knows what I'm talking about.

hmm...

Originally posted by itsme
Hey why no want is recommending mysite? :(

It's got all the features hellbound wants!

Not a bad service... unfortunately the url doesn't suit my site. I will keep you in mind though, and I'll recommend it to my former 8op pals.

Originally posted by Hellbound

-A file manager

You mean like a browser upload thing like WebHome? If FTP is must, I don't see the point of a file manager. I doubt I've ever used a "File Manager" before, I visit the host, sign up, get the FTP info, upload my files, decide the fwp sucks, and search for another one.

Re: hmm...

Originally posted by itsme
Hey why no want is recommending mysite? :(

It's got all the features hellbound wants!

Not a bad service... unfortunately the url doesn't suit my site. I will keep you in mind though, and I'll recommend it to my former 8op pals.

If that's a problem, then just cloak your URL using http://www.cjb.net/ . Not only this, but then you can move your site from host to host, and still keep the same URL.

Re: No offense but...

Hypermart isn't exactly simple. Just using FTP is a pain.
FTP on hypermart is just like any other host. And you seem to want FTP when you said that is was a must. Is it just me, or are you guys confused also?

Anyway, here's my contribution.
http://www.9ug.com - FTP, 100megs, small text link right at the bottom.

>FTP on hypermart is just like any other host.
What hypermart are you using?

>Anyway, here's my contribution.
http://www.9ug.com - FTP, 100megs, small text link right at the bottom.

Yeah 9ug is great...if you like getting 12 e-mails a day begging for money, dead links in the file manager, and server downs every 10 minutes. I reccomended them to some poor person before I new any better.

I just got a new account with Vr9, they'll do for now.

Hellbound: Strange, I never get emails from them. And their uptime is pretty decent. I have also never found any dead links anywhere on the site.

Re: No offense but...

Hypermart isn't exactly simple. Just using FTP is a pain.

Hypermart does have a file manager, so I'm guessing you just don't like it. Why not go to Gossamer-Threads and use their one-user version of their great file manager and install it on your hypermart account?

Back