• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a simple backup VPS

XFH-Jay

I need a remote backup VPS for my server, which I will be running no site on, simply backing up parts of my site once in a while, until I get a new server set up for backups in a couple months.

Very simply, I need the following:

- 4 GB space
- 10GB transfer (or more if you can.)
- Any kind of virtualization software that has SSH for transferring files...
- Need to have good uptime and be a reliable company so I can transfer as needed..

I can return a link on one of my sites, but I will be temporarily shutting a few, but I can still give you what I can. It's a very simple request that shouldn't really be of any expense , but it would be too costly for me to go out and grab a server or good VPS right now.

I'd also be glad to do forum posting, etc... it's quite urgent really so please do let me know.

Thanks!

As said before in other threads people would actually be paying out of their pocket a few dollars a month to host you. Also 4 GB Space is a lot for only a link in return,. even if you will be posting. They will also have to assign you RAM, etc.

I suggest you just look around for Budget VPSes.

Alright.. if no one can do VPS that's fine also.

Shared is fine except I need to use SSH to transfer my backups there..

Or if you know another way to transfer loads of GBs to the server then even less if fine.

I'm not asking for much :)

Thanks!

Each file is around 3GB, so it'll take that much transfer. I'm looking at around 2-3 backups per month.

Back