• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a RELIABLE Web Host

anora

Sorry about the title, but every single free webhost I've tried has pretty much failed to be of any use. They start out strong....then some downtime happens...it's not much, like a minute or two...then this downtime increases to 3 days, then a week, then TWO WEEKS! I have a community who relies on my website to be there, yet the web hosts I end up getting prove to eventually suck.

So before you look at any of the other things I need, Please tell me that your hosting business is still going to be here in a year or two- that your actually dedicated to this business that you've started and your not going to let it go down the drain. I worked my butt off on my website, spent hours upon hours editing, adding to it, advertising it...next day, it isn't there anymore. So please, reliability is the most important thing to me right now, and I think I'll be more likely to choose a hosting service that has lasted for a few years in comparison to one that has lasted for a few weeks. Oh, and no constant downtimes please...I think I've had enough of that ^^;

Sorry about the rant ^^;

Now for the Details: My website is a fan community for the hit cartoon, The Teen Titans. I provide remote links to galleries that hold fanart, links to music videos people have made, graphics and avatars...anything you can possibly think of. NONE of it is saved to the website, as that'd take too much space.

The part of my site that takes up the most space is my forum. It only has around 135 members at the moment, but it's constantly active and a lot of people use it to look up other media on the Titans as well.

Also, I don't know how popular my website is, but I highly doubt that I can get 150-300 unique visitors daily. In spite of having it for maybe six months, the site is still pretty new. I just can't guarantee that amount.

My old host offered 150 MB and 15 GB bandwidth. I'd like something along these lines with mysql, control panel, a forum that I can just add on...and that's basically it. This is all I need.

I also already have a domain that I can use- titansforever.net if that is required.

I'll be willing to place banners on my site - NO popups, to post as long as it's one time or a certain number every few months (not like 50 a month >>;), link to the host...and whatever else there is that I can do.

Please guys :( I'm really disappointed in this webhost of mine, and I think I'll probably have to start everything over after all of this. I hate disappointing my members, but this has been the 4th long downtime we've ever had, and I know I'm going to be losing their interest if I don't get this fixed >.<

Last edited:
check out x10hosting.com
they're moving the free accounts to a larger server for now, so there is downtime for the rest of the week until the transfer is complete

they offer up to 2.5 GB space and 45 GB bandwidth (this plan will require a google ad)

if you're interested about the plans, or interested in signing up, please PM me

i've been with them for almost two years; very reliable!

Spartan Erik said:
check out x10hosting.com
they're moving the free accounts to a larger server for now, so there is downtime for the rest of the week until the transfer is complete

they offer up to 2.5 GB space and 45 GB bandwidth (this plan will require a google ad)

if you're interested about the plans, or interested in signing up, please PM me

i've been with them for almost two years; very reliable!

For x10hosting.com, they allow fansites or what? Especially ones that have media on them, as long as it's remotely hosted? And have there been any more downtimes before this move?

ZoomCities said:
We have the answers for you. Please visit our website for more info.

Cheers,
Zac
How old is your site? And when I look at the different requests being accepted, it looks like the offers range around 50 MB space and 1-2 GB bandwidth. I don't want to be the only one who needs around 10-15 GB bandwidth o.o; And I also don't want to take up too much of your space ^^;

hosting-shack said:
Check out liberty-host, we can offer you ad free hosting for posting on our active forum. Take a look at our plans here.
How reliable is liberty-host? Has there been any long downtimes? How old is it? And if I wanted to do the ad-supported plan, where do you want it put up, on the top or bottom of the page? This also includes putting it on the forum?

hosting-shack said:
Ad supported hosting have forced ad's (on every page). They are in the header. If you want to see what our members have to say about our service, please see our forums, as well as this thread: http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2165890

Thanks,
Liberty-Host

I just got my question answered over in that forum also x.x; So, very sorry Liberty-Host, but it looks like you're out of the running. But thanks for the offer :)

anora said:
I just got my question answered over in that forum also x.x; So, very sorry Liberty-Host, but it looks like you're out of the running. But thanks for the offer :)

Well, just so other host know what this is all about. The Topic starter will be linking to TV Rips. I'm out of the running due to this reply:
LH-Richard said:
Is the content illegal?

If the answer is no, then sure, you can hotlink away, but if the cartoons are rip's from a TV show, then we don't allow it.

anora said:
Sorry about the title, but every single free webhost I've tried has pretty much failed to be of any use. They start out strong....then some downtime happens...it's not much, like a minute or two...then this downtime increases to 3 days, then a week, then TWO WEEKS! I have a community who relies on my website to be there, yet the web hosts I end up getting prove to eventually suck.
Based on your essay post, sounds like we would be your only choice ...

Cybertoad Networks, which is Clubhost City's FREE hosting division, has
maintained 100% uptime across our entire network for more than a year
and the last downtime occurred on March 2, 2005 when we converted
all server machines from Plesk to Cpanel.

In the past 9 1/2 years that we have been open for business, we
have only been down a total of five times and the combined downtime
from all of that is still less that 1 week total in nearly a decade online!
(Open since January 2, 1997)

Our average uptime far exceeds 99.9% and we generally average
roughly about 2 years between any downtime events. Because of the
way our network is designed, we can take down as much as 53%
of the entire network for maintenance without any downtime for
any of our member hosting accounts which allows for a lot of
reliability and flexibility in account management operations.

Standard Plans:

1000 MB Web Space
30 GB Bandwidth
PHP 5.1.4
MySQL 4.1.19
Latest Cpanel w/ Fantastico (Both Updated Daily)
FTP, Web Manager, phpMyAdmin, Email, Web Stats, Etc

Checkout: http://www.synced.org We can fit your needs!

Included with our Synced.org Package:
- 250 MB Space
- 4 MySQL Database
- 10GB Bandwidth
- 5 FTP Supports
- Fantastico which offers you the ability for One-Click installs of Forums, Shopping Cart systems, Web Blogs (like Blogger!), Image Galleries, CMS Web sites, Web Site templates, And so much more!
- PHP 5.x
- 99.5% Uptime!
- cPanel - Industry leading control software.
- 25 POP Email Accounts (up to 10 mailing lists)
- HTML - CGI - PHP - mySQL - PSQL - Custom Error pages
- NO File Size Limit
- NO Forced ads! (we supply you the ad code)
- Our Ads Must Be Provided ( http://ads.synced.org )
- Quality Support
- NO forum posts needed!
You can use your own domain, or register a subdomain of your choice off of 10 different domain names we currently own!

U can check our Uptime (Look on our site)
ahost.ro provides all the standard features of cPanel + Fantastico.
You can either host your domain or can register a subdomain for free.
subdomains available: ahost.ro, AlexZander.ro And 0x.ro (In THe Future ;)

---------------
Enterprise Plan
---------------

1024Mb space
20Gb bandwidth per month
Unlimited emails and ftp adresses
10 Mysql databases

---------------
Basic Plan
---------------

100Mb space
3gb bandwidht per month
5 Mysql databases

Visit today and get your free hosting at http://www.ahost.ro
Uptime 99.5% Guranteed.

Support: www.ahost.ro/forum
for email support check our Site :spider: www.ahost.ro .
Best Regards .

Back