• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a new host

nikita

Hi. I'm new here and I'm really hoping somebody can give me a few leads on a new host. The host needs to be user-friendly 'cause I'm not an experienced webmaster. I'm just now learning html and know enough to do a few things, but not all. My website is a Bible Study and I don't need a lot of space, but enough for the homepage, main Bible Study and part two. Would really like to have a messageboard, guestbook and form emailer. It sure is hard to find a free host that has some decent tech support and easy to understand instructions on how to do things.

This is off the subject, but I have a hard time understanding how much 10MB or anything MB. :) How much or how many pages can fit into an 10MB space? Thanks. Will really appreciate some feedback.

Nikita

Hi, each page is about 1 KB and there are 1024 KB in 1 MB. So basically in 10 MB you can put about 10000 pages. Small graphics can be about 15 KB each. Hope this helps!

You can use Geocities.com angelfire.com if you don't mind their advertising. They are the most reliable and great for beginners.

Epidemik, I would actually estimate that each page is about 10 KB (my very simple pages already take up arund 7 KB each). Images are generally around 15 KB each. So if there are one image on every page, you should be able to fit about 250 pages.

My pages are around 700 bytes .. :p
Like conker said, it depends on how much content each page has.

hail nikita, i can host your site if you like, im removing unused free accounts at the moment, just let me know. 50M space + 500M/mo traffic, should be more than enough for you. :)
http://e-rice.net/free.html
it says no free accounts left but there will be some this weekend.;)

thank you

I just want to thank you all for the advice and the list of hosts. Will definitely be checking them out to see which one would be best. And Thelostone thanks for the invite, but I won't be home over the weekend, unless you would be willling to hold a space open for me;).

Will give you all my new URL when I find the host. Thanks again.

Back