• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a host for my site

Xtreme11

Im working on a site called United Gamers Central. I need a free webhost that will support php and my own cgi scripts(perl). I dont mind if the host has a popup but preferably no banners.

Any help would really be appreciated. Ive spent so much time looking at many hosts, either they dont offer what I need or they dont work. :(

oh and amount of space doesnt really matter nor does bandwith

Thnx again

Last edited:
1. Do you have the site up spmewhere to look at?

2. How much space/transfer would you need?

I recently purchased alot of space/transfer with the sole purpose of offering free webspace to the smaller gaming sites with no ads and the likes. I have no worries of "going out of business", since I am not paying that much. I have just registered the domain yesterday, and I am still trying to get my homepage setup and whatnot. I should have my email function working here, so you can drop a line or reply here if you wish.

I would need to know space and transfer expectations though.

hmm

Hi Sain
Yes Im currently hosting it at php50 while I work on it. You can take a look at it here:
http://www.php50.com/ugcentral
Its currently under developement so it still needs a lot of work but u can get the basic idea from that.

In terms of space/transfer, space Im not really sure how much I will need but probably quite a large amount += 50 megs maybe would be good, transfer I dont kno, not sure how sucessful the site will be yet.

You can email me at xsniperx@optushome.com.au or leave a reply here if u need to know anything else

Thanks

Originally posted by Sain Cai
1. Do you have the site up spmewhere to look at?

2. How much space/transfer would you need?

I recently purchased alot of space/transfer with the sole purpose of offering free webspace to the smaller gaming sites with no ads and the likes. I have no worries of "going out of business", since I am not paying that much. I have just registered the domain yesterday, and I am still trying to get my homepage setup and whatnot. I should have my email function working here, so you can drop a line or reply here if you wish.

I would need to know space and transfer expectations though.

Re: Re: hmm

Originally posted by trenzterra
And what's wrong with php50?
I will probably need mysql and probably ftp access which php50 dont offer. I dont think I will be using a cgi bin anymore though. Also I want to try keep the banners to a minimum.

www.host.sk

Thanks, I hear host.sk is a good web host but I dont understand the language that it is in. Do u think u might be able to help me with that? I see the register page has got english translations.
What do they offer?

Thnx

Last edited:
Originally posted by Xtreme11

Thanks, I hear host.sk is a good web host but I dont understand the language that it is in. Do u think u might be able to help me with that? I see the register page has got english translations.
What do they offer?

Thnx
they offer 'unlim' space, 'unlim' data transfer, php and mysql.

www.coolfreepages.com is also quite good.

they offer 'unlim' space, 'unlim' data transfer, php and mysql.

www.coolfreepages.com is also quite good.

Unfortunately I would have to strongly disagree with you there. CFP was hosting my forum, and I experienced more downtime then uptime. The pages loaded incredibly slow, if at all.

Also support is non-existant, and there are MANY unsatisfied members, as their forum indicates.

Also Unlim does not exist. they will shut you off far before you even reach it.

XTREME11: I am still working out my account (damn servers), but will let you know when done.

Coolfreepages sux.They are slow,don't offer unlimited bandwith like they say and their popup makes your site even more slow(read : VERY VERY VERY slow):bandit2:

Originally posted by [NeO]
Coolfreepages sux.They are slow,don't offer unlimited bandwith like they say and their popup makes your site even more slow(read : VERY VERY VERY slow):bandit2:

I have to agree with Peo, he has a point,.. The servers are slow, and as what Sain Cai said, their members arnt that happy,.. And the popups are evean more anoying then the service!,..

Cheat and free games sites aswell ???

I have a Cheat and review site in the making, do you think I would be able to have FTP+Quite a few downloads (games I have made) hosted on your site??? I also need about 300mb transfer per month...

E-mail me at webmaster@tcsfreebies.zzn.com:confused: :D

hosting

gt your mailbox is full so I cant pm u,

cai can u plz msg me when u got it working

thnx

Last edited:
Back