• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

need a host for my phpBB2 forum...

Originally posted by moriakaice
Hi !!

I need to find a host that will offers php & MySQL... And that will be free... If anyone knows any good & free host, e-mail me at moriakaice@gower.pl...
Thanks...

No one will e-mail you a free host... just check back here for replies... go for a remotely hosted one such as http://www.dk3.com

I think they do it.

I don't think your board will stay alive along
I browsed the site and came across this

We do not allow:

Adult content
Download sites
Music and movie files
Forums and Discussion boards (please use our board service)
Try to cheat our advertising server
Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons, and creating "Crush" sites

Originally posted by warchild
I don't think your board will stay alive along
I browsed the site and came across this

We do not allow:

Adult content
Download sites
Music and movie files
Forums and Discussion boards (please use our board service)
Try to cheat our advertising server
Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons, and creating "Crush" sites
its the board service kbc's reconmending.i think people should stop asking for host that will host their board.no one wants to host only a message board.they want a whole site there so if u want a forum,best choice is an remotely hosted forum.

Hey war, I used their board service. they offerd fully configured phpBB2 board... So I think it will stay long :)
But thanks for interesting in. Not many so friendly users in internet left... Cool board !!

Originally posted by moriakaice
Hey war, I used their board service. they offerd fully configured phpBB2 board... So I think it will stay long :)
But thanks for interesting in. Not many so friendly users in internet left... Cool board !!

Well... I'm glad it works, because I have never used DK3. :biggrin2:

Heh, another problem.. as dk3.com not offering a webspace, I am searching an space to run phpAdsNew. Any1 knows where to put it ?!
If not, i will use java banner system.... but php will be better...

question about DK3

Probably it's not possible but I'll ask it anyway
is it possible to add smilies and other templates???

it's also a little bit regrettable that you can't mod the board and that you can't put a logo (ex. in the left upper corner) on the board
the smilies,the templates and the ability to mod your board are some of the things I really want

Originally posted by warchild
question about DK3

Probably it's not possible but I'll ask it anyway
is it possible to add smilies and other templates???

it's also a little bit regrettable that you can't mod the board and that you can't put a logo (ex. in the left upper corner) on the board
the smilies,the templates and the ability to mod your board are some of the things I really want

No, it isn't possible to add templates & smiles or something else...
Enough must be a lot of language packs installed.

That's why I am still searching for a server with php/MySQL...

To X & nataku:
I see this host, & even make an account. but they don't support some php functions, so phpAdsNew isn't even installing...

That's why I still search another php/MySQL host....

BTW. X, I am already wearing glasses, don't need new one....

Back