• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a free host

johndoe

- That's already been up for more than 500 days continuously
- Is reliable and has uptime ~99,5%
- Has over 15MB of space
- Has unmetered or over 2GB monthly bandwidth
- Has no ads, or in worst case forces just one banner on frontpage
- Offers FTP client access
- ! Allows sites in foreign language !

- Optional offers:
- CGI, PHP, MySQL, SSI support (the more, the better)

Last edited:
All failed so far.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
www.amzweb.net
Requires forum posting, which I don't have time for. This also concludes that there's kids running this host, meaning it's probably unreliable.

www.hey.nu
I don't see any hosting offers? Nor sign-up pages?

www.neopages.net
Requires a good premade site which gets in if host feels like it. Not for me.

www.fairmount.nu
Requires the site to be in English only.

www.flatface.net
I fired up a sign-up app yesterday. Filled everything out and read every disclaimer and faq. Disclaimer said everything gets checked manually, yet today I got an email, that said it was automated and my application rejected. So much for that and those hosting kids with a need to boost their egos.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome. :)

Originally posted by johndoe
This also concludes that there's kids running this host, meaning it's probably unreliable.

So much for that and those hosting kids with a need to boost their egos.
you know that all paid hosts will accept you :)

and whats with all the kids...
you must be a kid yourself since you can't pay for hosting

Originally posted by Allowee
you know that all paid hosts will accept you :)

and whats with all the kids...
you must be a kid yourself since you can't pay for hosting

woah woah woah. Just because someone can't afford to pay an extra $30 a month doesn't mean their a kid. I'm not a kid, and I can't get a credit card, so I have to rely on free hosting until I get a job again. :chinese2:

not accepting doesn't make hosting run by kids...

maybe flatface.net in run by kids...
kids with cars

Don't turn this thread into flames. Just post links to other hosts that comply with requirements above.

Thanks. :)

johndoe: I'm afraid that you're going to have to make some sort of compromise somewhere.

A site offering 2Gb of bandwidth a month in return for showing a single banner ad would not be able to maintain a reliable service unless they restricted the number of people who could sign up.

The service has to be paid for somehow, and a single ad just wouldn't do that. The host would be running at a loss, and the more users they had the worse that would be.

You'll need to either sacrifice some bandwidth, accept more ads or put up with a more restricted signup process.

There isn't anyone that I know of that can satisfy all of your requirements as you've stated them so far. Anyone who did so wouldn't last the 500 days you mentioned (many wouldn't last 50).

Originally posted by johndoe
Don't turn this thread into flames. Just post links to other hosts that comply with requirements above.

Thanks. :)

Johndoe, that's the point there isn't one, in your 3rd post, you've mentioned the best free hosts there is, which is closest to your requirements.

Back