• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a free host with PHP and MySQL and no banner

Well, it´s great that it works for everyone else, but it´s annoying it doesn´t work for me. :D

Hopefully it´s just some minor problem with our server and that it will be fixed eventually.

But the installation page for PhpBB at the original URL doesn´t work?

which url Katie? the /seria/ ones does :) however when you upload you have to upload and install in the public_html folder just in case you put it somewhere else :)

Finally!!!!!

I can see the forum. And I can go somewhere at the original URL, even though it isn´t the installation page.

I could use the /seriea URL for my forum, but am I able to switch the logo and all other things? :)

But what username and password is it for me there then? :confused:

Last edited:
Yep you sure can do all that stuff, enjoy the hosting and so we dont upset the FWS people if you have any need for further support our forum at forum.distanthost.com is our support forum.

lol ok We are always only a few minutes away our admins usually respond to emails within 10 minutes as they are on rotating shifts. 24 hours a day.

So seriously, HOW would I be able to change the logo then? Because I believe that the templates and all that isn´t on my PC, since this is not the forum I uploaded from my PC.

now that you can see the site would you like me to clean it out and then you can go through and reupload the site? I see your installation page at http://serieaforum.distanthost.com now though since I deleted the index.html it now defaults ;) Also would you like me to clean all that stuff you put in the opening directory instead of public_html out for you since its a mess?

Do what is best and easiest. :D

BTW, the server doesn´t work now either. Seems like this sub-domain is tricky for my server. :confused2

But if it works that I can install the new forum through the original URL, then it would be better I guess, since I have all the files so it means I can switch logos and all that much easier.

I´m sure you know the best, since I didn´t quite understand. :)

ok I will clean the account out and you can start over if you have anymore need for support on this please email me at admin@distanthost.com as well I do not want to wear out my welcome on this forum :) I will post back when its clean.

ok now go into the the cpanel and delete the mysql db you have there and you will now be able to upload your forum to public_html and install everything that way.

the database itself it might be like serieaf_xmb1 then follow your install directions from phpbb that you are installing on installing a new mysql and so on. CHeck your PM's btw.

Back