• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a cheap realible host.

big_smooth

Hi,

I need something cheap, fast and realible.

5-15 MB of Space
1-2 GB of Bandwidth...even 500 MB would be fine.
I need CGI and PHP
I'd need MySQL

These are all the requirements.

I'm trying to spend under 30-40 bucks...

ANy suggestions...I know hostyard offers 200 MB, and 3 GB and the works for 40 bucks a year.

I currently have a site hosted with them..

I don't need 200 megs and 3 gb of bandwidth...so, are there any cheaper hosts?

Not a lot cheaper but you could go with Coastline. I was with them about a year ago. They are very fast and reliable for $35 per year. I'm currently with HostYard and Coastline is faster but not as much space and bandwidth as HostYard.

That is the bottom of the fast and reliable price range that I know of.

http://www.coastlandtech.com/

dim8.net offers their tin package with 50MB space and 5GB bandwidth and the works (mysql, php, cgi) for $9.95/mo. Robert, the owner of dim8, frequents the boards and is very helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions...Coastland Tech is basically the same as hostyard, except Hostyard offers more webspace.

As far as the other 2 suggestions. 20 bucks a month and 10 bucks a month come out a heck of a lot more than 40 bucks a year by Hostyard, and 35 bucks a year by Costland Tech.

Thanks. Still lookin, I guess it's hostyard..

Yeah...Directoris seems to offer the services I need, (a lot more than I need,) but more imporantly a price that suits me..

My concern is what happenes after the june date when they stop charging 14 bucks a year?

What if they charge like 14 bucks a month? I need to see the fine print before I sign up.

Like HOstyard for example, I know the guy who runs it, and he's a decent guy who is very turstworthy. He runs an excellent services, but 200 Megs and 3 GB of Bandwidth is more than I need. (I currently have a site hosted with Hostyard. -- very satfisfied for the price...Had some problems a little earlier, but my site is running smooth now...)

5-20 MEG of space is sufficient - if offered more, sure...why not, but don't want to pay for it though.
50 MB of Bandwidth should be sufficient, if offered more, sure..why not...but don't want or NEED to pay for it.

It appears as if Hostyard should be my choice.

Directoris is a donhost reseller, so I doubt them will shut down soon. They prolly just continiou for a higher price.

<<MOD EDIT: Please contact directly and do ask them to contact you on the boards - danke.>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clear this up, it's $9.95 a month for the 50mb package but $50 dollars a year for the 50mb package. A lot of people tend to think that it's $119.4 a year.. yes it's $119.4 if you pay monthly, but if you pay yearly it's only 50. I believe A LOT of hosts offer BIG discounts when you pay yearly or every 6 months opposed to paying monthly.

Originally posted by big_smooth

10 bucks a month come out a heck of a lot more than 40 bucks a year by Hostyard, and 35 bucks a year by Costland Tech.

Thanks. Still lookin, I guess it's hostyard..

Originally posted by programmer2k
Try 9kd.net

Not sure about 9kd.net. They claim to offer:

»Unlimited Space
»Unlimited Bandwidth
»Unlimited Sub-Domain
»Un-metered POP3
»Control Panel
»CGI-BIN
»MySQL
»PHP 4

All for $15 dollars a year?

I would stand clear of any site offering unlimited space/bandwidth for such a cheap price. IMO.

How that people make his bussines work? I mean.. offering
»Unlimited Space
»Unlimited Bandwidth
Ahhhh I know.. cheating people.
Stay away of that kind of deal

Yup, that is true, unlimited thing is clear cheating:

I strongly suggest:

[<<MOD EDIT>>
URL removed due to shameless self-promotion on the forum and due to misrepresentation. One of these URLs is yours and to say that you haven't heard adverse comments about either is misleading.
<</MOD EDIT>>

www.doteasy.com

I haven't heard any adverse comments about both and they offer dirt cheap.

<<MOD EDIT: Since I've removed the URL above, I'm removing the *same* URL here as well>> = Data Transfer per month 600 MB :p

Back