• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NeeD: 500 MB - Unlimited Traffic

xanthos

Hi all!

Is there any Host who offers unlimited Traffic with about 500 MB Webspace ?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Re: NeeD: 500 MB - Unlimited Traffic

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

1. Yes , i know 1 host which offers that
2. How much data-transfer do u need ?

http://www.bluedomino.com

http://www.bluedomino.com/tos/

"Unlimited Services
Unlimited is determined by a set of Internet averages. At Bluedomino, we divide available resources by the number of users on the system. At any time that you exceed our averages, you will be contacted to discuss payment for extra services or moving your site to a dedicated server."

Re: Re: Re: NeeD: 500 MB - Unlimited Traffic

Originally posted by ljprevo

"Unlimited Services
Unlimited is determined by a set of Internet averages. At Bluedomino, we divide available resources by the number of users on the system. At any time that you exceed our averages, you will be contacted to discuss payment for extra services or moving your site to a dedicated server."

He asked a question .. i answered.

I also asked him how much data-transfer does he need ....

Originally posted by xanthos
Hi all!

Is there any Host who offers unlimited Traffic with about 500 MB Webspace ?

Thank you in advance!

Questions :

1. How much data-transfer do u need ?
2. What scripting languages do u need server support for ?
3. Do u need any databases ?
4. Do u need sub or domain hosting ?
5. Do u want ssh or ssl ?
6. How much can u afford per month ?

Re: Re: Re: NeeD: 500 MB - Unlimited Traffic

"Unlimited Services
Always cracks me up at how various hosts either limit/restrict so-called unlimted offers, or in this case, come up with a whole new way to determine the limit of unlimited. Quite an interesting mathematics concept. Rather creative, but I suppose you have to be.

Last edited:
what is a set of Internet averages? :confused:

is this something I can get some stats on?

Actually, I can speak from experience here.
No matter how high you make your monthly limit people will still ask for unlimited or send in queries about how many page views that is.

Our average across approx 10,000 sites hosted is 0.11GB per month.

It would be much simpler to advertise unlimited if it were not for the fact that it would attract 200GB per month sites.

Gordon

Wow, the unlimited demand again.

Unfortunately unlimited bandwidth doesn't exist, because well--just take my word of advice and say it doesn't.

then what are you gonna do about Internet Service Providers saying things like "Unlimited Access to the Internet"?

"unlimited" is strictly a marketing term. it doesn't mean infinity.
If a webhost can allow you do use 1000 GB monthly, it's safe to call them unlimited or un-metered. because there is almost no way you can go over 1000 GB

Originally posted by Archbob
No webhost can offer 1000GB of transfer.

Thats simply not true.
Our largest customer uses 200GB per month but over all our servers we use more than this so it is therefore possible.

Gordon

Originally posted by GordonH

Thats simply not true.
Our largest customer uses 200GB per month but over all our servers we use more than this so it is therefore possible.

Gordon

I think he meant to say that no webhosts can offer 1000gb of traffic to each client

At the end of the day if somebody wants that amount of traffic and they were willing to pay for it we would put in the facilities to provide it (as long as it could make a profit).

Gordon

Originally posted by PyschoPath
what about OC 48? And above?
Well, a full OC-48 is 2.488 Gbps so roughly around 108,000 GB data-transfer per month if my math isn't off.

Back