• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need 2 hosts...

Hoth

NLC
NLC
Yet another F2S refuge here. :( Finding one host that has what I want isn't likely, so I'll have to split it up.

First, I need a place that has as much space as possible, very large (over 7 GB/month) or "unlimited" bandwidth, and most importantly allows hotlinking files. Also, they can't be too paranoid about MP3s... I'm not looking to host anything illegal, it's a little-known 1940s radio drama series which some investigation shows is almost certainly public domain. (But it's kinda hard to supply absolute proof that something is public domain when it's post-1921.)

I've tried http://www.hpg.ig.com.br , but their signups don't seem to be working... when I submit it just forwards me right back to the signup page without doing anything. Is there anything else similar to it? (This would obviously have to be a suicidal host, allowing me to store large files and eat 7-10 GB bandwidth per month through hotlinking.)

Then, I need another host for the main site. Has to be ad free, amount of space and data transfer doesn't matter much (as long as it's not Portland), but it'd be nice if it has either CGI or PHP and SQL, to allow a forum.

(FYI, the current location of my site is http://www.quietplease.f2s.com )

Last edited:
not sure i think its unlimited, but somebody told me 4 gb
iam pretty sure unlimited

Originally posted by murat
host.sk has 20mb not unlimited

can anyone who said that host.sk has a filesize limit please tell me where you get that info from? Because in the very first time when host.sk was mentioned on this board, I remember the guy who translated said it had NO filesize limit.

I think he means overall space limit, not file size limit... although of course you can never have a file larger than your total allowed disk space. A file size limit would be like if they allowed 20 MB of space but no individual files larger than 1 MB... but host.sk doesn't seem to have a file size limit, at least it lets me upload 6 MB files.

Originally posted by Coolin
I have like over 100megs of stuff on my account at host.sk and it still works for me...

I have nearly 200mb on it. One of the files was near 75mb on its own

Only recent signups to host.sk are "limited". Previous signups have absolutely no limitation and aren't required to abide by the new restrictions.
I have a year-old account at host.sk with over 500Mb of stuff (some individual files as big as 100Mb) and it still works great.
A recent signup (2 weeks ago) to a new host.sk account got deleted after a few days (only 22Mb of stuff was uploaded; a few files over 1Mb in size).

A Slovakian friend of mine receives host.sk's newsletters and told me about the new restrictions.

Originally posted by ajz
Only recent signups to host.sk are "limited". Previous signups have absolutely no limitation and aren't required to abide by the new restrictions.
I have a year-old account at host.sk with over 500Mb of stuff (some individual files as big as 100Mb) and it still works great.
A recent signup (2 weeks ago) to a new host.sk account got deleted after a few days (only 22Mb of stuff was uploaded; a few files over 1Mb in size).

A Slovakian friend of mine receives host.sk's newsletters and told me about the new restrictions.

wow! it just makes my old accounts even more valuable!

IIRC, the new restrictions are:
25 or 30MB total webspace.
Files under 1MB in size.
Unlimited bandwidth still applies.
...etc.

The old "unrestricted" accounts, do get deleted after 2 months of inactivity, though.

I created the new account to check whether these new restrictions did apply.... and they did!

Some of this info isn't publicly available in their signup page, but you do get to read about it if you signup to their newsletters.
...time for Slovakian language classes... ;)

Back