• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NBCi FTP

Neil McRae

I can't get WS_FTP LE to connect to NBCi. I went to
http://home.nbci.com/LMOID/resource/0,566,-3137,00.html
and followed the exact instructions under "FTP Settings." I don't even understand exactly what to type in the "Profile Name" field. What do I best select or type in that field? I went through NBCi's WS_FTP tutorial and NBCi's FAQ, but I just couldn't find the help I needed. Also, I read somewhere that NBCi has browser uploads. If I can't get the FTP working, where can I find NBCi's browser uploads or File Manager?

BTW, I also tried typing in all sorts of things and selecting all sorts of things for the "Profile Name" field, but I couldn't get WS_FTP to connect to NBCi. Please help me.

Last edited:
works for me, using Cuteftp.

I believe Profile name is just a name you give to organize different FTP sites, like "NBCI FTP", doesn't matter what you call it.

ftp://ftp.nbci.com
then use your username and password..

Re:

-----------------------
quote:
NBCi is going down anyway.
-----------------------

That's what I thought. NBCi will soon no longer have free hosting.

Originally posted by gyrbo
All unlimited hosts are dying.

That sucks - if all unlimited space FWP's do die out, then my site will be dead as well, since it is currently 209 mb in size, and will only get larger - if it survives. It is currently hosted on Nightsteel, but that seems to be going to hell, too, but they're the best I can get without having to illegally sign up for multiple accounts on an FWP with no unlimited space. Even though my site is slower than molasses in January right now, I'll still continue to use these unlimited FWP's as long as I can; I'd rather let my site die than actually pay for hosting, since it doesn't make me a penny because it doesn't exist for that purpose.

Actually, I think Nightsteel may be okay; they've just sped up from slower than molasses in January to as slow as twice the speed of a dial-up modem on a cable modem.

Hey I haven't had a problem with NBCI.com.... Origionally I started off with my account at Xoom.com then NBCI.com took it over.

I use WS_FTP LE and have no problem connecting. I have noticed though that sometimes if I have problems connecting or get incorrect passord it is usually because my password expires for some reason. I usually write or call support and they reset it and it is fine again.

This doesn't happen often. It also happed with my ISP Efortress and they give me some free webspace.

HGW - ' Don't quit on me now '

Back