• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Namezero - $34.99 to renew, $19.99 to Register - Customers Getting Ripped off

JustinSurfer

Hey,

I've got a slight problem with namezero, they are demanding $34.99 for a one year extensition to my domain that expires next month, yet they are offering new customers a one year domain registration for $19.95, which I feel is disgraceful, why should new customers get $15 off?

So, what I Was wondering is, whats the best way to transfer a domain OUT of namezero, and to another registrar, as their support don't seem to be answering my queries.

Thanks

Justin

You have to get away from Network Solutions and then from Namezero.
1) Make sure that you are the Admin contact and can recieve email at it before you initaite the transfer. (if it is the URL in your sig then you are)
2) Pick a lowcost registrar (namecheap, godaddy, 000domains etc..) and initiate a domain transfer from NetSol to them. They will send a confirmation email to your Admin contact address and to NetSol. Thats it!
2) You will still have your Namezero Plus services (URL redirect, email etc..) until you change the nameservers on the admin panel at your new registrar.
3) If you want to keep free hosting somewhere then register with a free DNS service (www.mydomain.com etc...). Go to to your admin panel at your registrar and change the nameservers to the redirect service.

4) Save money. Get away from NetSol! Get away from Namezero! Do it now!

Last edited:
Originally posted by JustinSurfer
Hey,

I've got a slight problem with namezero, they are demanding $34.99 for a one year extensition to my domain that expires next month, yet they are offering new customers a one year domain registration for $19.95, which I feel is disgraceful, why should new customers get $15 off?

So, what I Was wondering is, whats the best way to transfer a domain OUT of namezero, and to another registrar, as their support don't seem to be answering my queries.

Thanks

Justin

Well I tranfered my domain name from namezero to registerfly.com and everything went fine! You just need to put your email address in the whois information and then they will send u an email asking if u want to tranfer etc! It will be tranfered within one working day safely!

i find namezero easy to use that's the only reason why i stick to them they are the most expensive domain registrar i've ever seen, last week my email got flooded with 100 emails of some1 requesting the password of my domain, i sent this query to namezero & after a day they replied it's under investigation since then no reply & nothing, also i asked them if i could transfer my domain from them to godaddy & they said i can but not after two months before the expiration date (it means that if less then two months left i have to renew with namezero), i think moving to godaddy will be a good move, am i right?

Mike

Back