• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NameCheap or RackShack?

neocryptek

I know rackshack is cheaper, but controll panel wise and features, can someone with experience put up the features each has?

i see rackshack lists there features in a paragraph, while namecheap a whole page

rackspace site:
We do not provide hosting, email or domain pointing/forwarding with a domain registration
so blah@mydomain.com isnt an option with rackshack? Namecheap seems to pride itself on its email features.

what effect does this non email support have on email through my domain?

any and all help appriciated!

thanks,
-N30

RackShack is good just for registering the domain.

NameCheap is a reseller for Enom.

RackShack buys the domains for $6 and sells them for less, hence they loose a profit.

NameCheap has registered over 100,000 domains. But is not a accredited.

RackShack has registered over 10,000 Domains, but is accredited.

You make your selection.

thanks for the fast reply

If i use nameservers to delegate the domain, then i should be able to controll everything thru the cpanel of my hosting account anyways right? So rackshack and namecheap should be equivalent, correct?

-N30

Originally posted by neocryptek
thanks for the fast reply

If i use nameservers to delegate the domain, then i should be able to controll everything thru the cpanel of my hosting account anyways right? So rackshack and namecheap should be equivalent, correct?

-N30

Exactly.

ev1 servers is NOT an accredited ICANN registrar. they are reseller of Tucows.

if you do not want forwarding, EV1 is fine :cool:

Rackshack lose money on every domain they sell. I don't think they will be able to maintain their current price for long. It might be worth looking at a registrar that has fixed prices rather that a *deal* that will go up when you renew.

you can easily transfer the domains if they increase the price more than expected.

I asked them about this issue. they said renewal price will be highly low than the market.

Back