• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NAC/Get IT Connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

getITconnected

We apologize for the downtime, but there was a DoS attack at NAC (Parsippany, NJ). They are fixing this problem right now and should be completed soon.

Again, we are very sorry for the recent downtime.

There were a few problems with the new GIGe switch but they fixed that (two days ago). Then there was a full poweroutage (about a day ago). They used backup power. Then they finally got the power restored and now there seems to be a DoS attack that happened. They are doing their best to keep us up. Let me know if you have any questions.

BTW, this is a message for anyone in the NAC datacenter (Parsippany, NJ), not just the clients of Get IT Connected.

Well, they seem to have fixed this problem. My server is up. For all of you NAC clients, I had an apology from one of the Server Techs there, that he wanted me to pass on to you. Have a good day.

It really is sorta for that. I want to keep my clients happy. It is not like I am posting how great my service is. I was posting about the downtime.

I was also posting because many people are talking about why NAC has been down. So please don't jump on my case about this. It is fair that as I am letting all of the other thousands of NAC clients know what is going on that I (being a web host) could also let my own clients know since they don't know about NAC (most of them).

So I apologize if I offended, stepped in your way, made it look like an advertisement, or whatever your issue is, but if you want to call NAC from now on when their servers are down (if you know their after-hours number), then be my guest. But please don't yell at me for it.

Sincerely,
Jesse Middleton
CEO of Get IT Connected

P.S. - Ooops, did I type my company again. SORRY!

Originally posted by getITconnected
SORRY!
You should be.
From the rules:
Hosts are welcome to participate on the Paid Hosting forum, but are not allowed to start new threads or advertise their business by plugging their company and/or URL.
'nuff said.

Who wants to call NAC from now on? I give up on helping freewebspace.com members. :-(

And for the two of you (slashdot says -1, Troll)

Hahaha. What a n00b.

You break the rules, so I'm a troll? Good one. :biggrin2:

Seeing as I've been a member for quite some time now, no I am not a "n00b" (are you a h4x0r?).

And, I don't believe informing FWS members what is going on with NAC breaking the rules... Anyone else?

Whatever, I won't continue this childish "argument" with you. Thank you for your time.

I was also posting because many people are talking about why NAC has been down.

Really? I don't see such posts here on FWS. Maybe at WHT but not here. :rolleyes:

Seeing as I've been a member for quite some time now, no I am not a "n00b" (are you a h4x0r?).

Now that's unprofessional.

And, I don't believe informing FWS members what is going on with NAC breaking the rules... Anyone else?
Are you dyslexic or something? I pointed it out to you in black and white.
Hosts [...] are not allowed to start new threads...
That seems pretty straight forward to me.

I give up on helping freewebspace.com members. :-(
As Microsoft would say: .net ;)

If you see members discussing your downtime in a thread please feel free to reply to it. However, do not start a new thread for it because it has the potential to be abused. If you feel it's necessary remove your URL from your signature and profile before posting to avoid any criticism.

Thank you, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back